BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2009 R1200R
10 Posts
Saw that too... For my 2009 the bottom price is $399.95... so $320 after the discount (plus tax +19.95 shipping).

I wish there was a high seat option.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
The stock seat on my R1250R is not very comfortable. The Sargent seat is supposedly flatter and doesn’t tilt your weight forward. I don’t do long distance riding; about an hour is all I can take. I wonder if a Sargent would significantly increase comfort.

·
Dave in NE TN
1,123 Posts
I've had success with three out of four Sargent seats over the years - '06 GS, '18 GS and another one I can't recall now. The only one that didn't work well for me was for my '09 R12R, which I bought used, and just didn't provide enough firm cushioning for me, somewhat bottomed out right when I sat on it. Based on that, and reading other's experiences with them over the years, I recommend them FWIW.

They do have decent sales throughout the year and it's worthwhile watching for them.

Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
243 Posts
Does anyone have the Wunderlich seat?

·
Dave in NE TN
1,123 Posts
I had the Wunderlich seat on my '09 R12R and liked it, it was my daily ride seat and only traded out for my Russell for long or multi-day trips. It's firm but I found it comfortable for a good day ride. You can always add an inflatable or sheepskin seat cover to change out pressure points to some extent for longer rides.

Cheers, Dave

Reactions: elmontanero

·
Registered
R1200R LC 2017
28 Posts
I have the Wunderlich seat in high version. It is very firm but for me this is exactly what I was looking for. For me it is comfortable also for many hours.
Seats are very personal, but I would definitely buy it again.

·
Registered
2009 R1200R
10 Posts
I loved my Sargent for the R1100S I had. Are there any other seats that don't wind up with the sliding forward syndrome on the factory seat?

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Just ordered one. Saved a bundle on top of the 15% discount. Icksayed an Akrapovic slip-on I’ve been thinking about.

·
Registered
2011 R1200R
52 Posts
Just ordered one. Saved a bundle on top of the 15% discount. Icksayed an Akrapovic slip-on I’ve been thinking about.
are you willing to clarify what "bundle" you saved and how. i looked into the seat and all i'm seeing is 15% discount

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, would you know if it is as high as the OEM sport seat?

unfortunately, unlike the Sargent site, they do not list the heights of their seats.

I have the Wunderlich seat in high version. It is very firm but for me this is exactly what I was looking for. For me it is comfortable also for many hours.
Seats are very personal, but I would definitely buy it again.

·
Registered
R1200R LC 2017
28 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, would you know if it is as high as the OEM sport seat?

unfortunately, unlike the Sargent site, they do not list the heights of their seats.
Before this Wunderlich I had the OEM sport seat. The original seat is slightly higher but much softer. In comparison I would say that effectively the Wunderlich is about 10mm lower than the sport seat.

·
Registered
243 Posts
This may workout for me as the sport seat is a bit high but only shows when I have to back up.

I had a Corbin on my F800r so a solid and hard seat works for me too.
Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
2009 R1200R
10 Posts
If any of you folks are moving away from a high seat or comfort seat that would fit my 2009. Might be more affordable for me than the Sargent.

·
Dave in NE TN
1,123 Posts
FWIW my '09 R12R came with a BMW Tall Comfort Saddle. It was tall, but not comfortable beyond 20 minutes - for me, but every butt is different.

Good luck with your seat quest, most of us have BTDT and a happy butt is a personal and sometimes long journey (and when we finally find it, we change bikes!).

Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm running a Corbin on my '16. Wish it was an inch taller to get my knees less bent. But the $640 after discount is a lot.

·
Registered
2011 R1200R
52 Posts
So i just got my seat this afternoon. i only took a short ride, but my first impression is that it is more comfortable than the bmw comfort seats - both hi and lo. however, i think it is a bit lower than the hi comfort based on seat of the pants measurement - not tape. i plan to take it out for 40 mi or so tomorrow, should know more then.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts