BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
It's been my experience that Sargent seats are typically the same height as the stock standard-height seat. I've got two in the garage right now (LC Roadster and 9T Scrambler), and have had several others in the last dozen years or so. They‘ve all been close enough in height to what they replaced that I'm unable to feel any difference. You might feel some if you replace a narrow seat with a wider one.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Ditto. Same height as stock (32.4”) but more comfortable.

·
Registered
2011 R1200R
52 Posts
my comments are related to the sargent revolution seat - which is the only one sargent is making for the older r's - at least while the sale is going on.

i find the seat to be more comfortable than the hi comfort seat, but shorter.

i put the bike on the center stand and fitted both seats alternatively. i used a 4' level placed on the seat at a front and back position. the bmw seat is roughly .25"-.75" or 6-19mm higher. imo, if you sit further back on the seat you will notice more of a ht difference since the bmw seat slopes up and the sargent stays more level.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just called, and unfortunately the sale is over. However he offered me 10% and Free Shipping so I jumped. They are going to customize the colors for me. Brown seating surface and charcoal grey sides. Will look awesome on my Manhattan Metallic. Pics when it arrives!!

Rick G

·
Dave in NE TN
1,123 Posts
Big fan of Sargent seats and company. They had a big presence at the BMW MOA rally in 2019, with lots of seats to test ride and sell at nice discounts. Good products and nice rider-oriented people.

Cheers, Dave

Reactions: rickg

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes, they are easy to work with. This is my 2nd Sargent Saddle that I have purchased but third that I have owned, one came on a used DR650 I bought.

I spoke to Dane at Sargent and when I asked about the special he told me it was over, but immediately told me he could do almost as good with a 10% repeat sale and free frieght. Total $819 with heat front and rear plus my custom colors.

Should have it in 7-14 days!

Rick G

Reactions: dbyker

·
Registered
2011 R1200R
52 Posts
Yes, they are easy to work with. This is my 2nd Sargent Saddle that I have purchased but third that I have owned, one came on a used DR650 I bought.

I spoke to Dane at Sargent and when I asked about the special he told me it was over, but immediately told me he could do almost as good with a 10% repeat sale and free frieght. Total $819 with heat front and rear plus my custom colors.

Should have it in 7-14 days!

Rick G
you are on an lc model?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes. 2020 R1250RT but I also have a 2011 R1200R which I purchased a Sargent for.

Rick G

·
Registered
2011 R1200R
52 Posts
Yes. 2020 R1250RT but I also have a 2011 R1200R which I purchased a Sargent for.

Rick G
thx rick.

i was looking at a sargent seat in nov, i think, and i seem to remember them offering both the world and revolution models. now, only the revolution is an option for pre 2014 bikes. as i understand it, the main difference between the models is that the world has it's own seat pan.

·
Registered
2011 R1200R
52 Posts
this is what sargent has for the 2007-2014 revolution seat

and this is what they have for the world seat for 2015+ models

i'm just including this as a quick ref for those interested. based on their chart, the sargent seat is maybe 3/4" shorter than high comfort - which is consistent with my experience.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
The standard seat on the R1250R is 32.3 so I got the tall Sargent (32.4). Definitely an improvement.

·
Registered
306 Posts
thx rick.

i was looking at a sargent seat in nov, i think, and i seem to remember them offering both the world and revolution models. now, only the revolution is an option for pre 2014 bikes. as i understand it, the main difference between the models is that the world has it's own seat pan.
For my Roadster, I had to provide my saddle for them to build on. I don't think they ever had a pan of the Roadsters. I had picked up a used one on Fleabay cheap and used that one so I still have the OEM saddle in storage.

The saddle is just a bit taller which is helping with my aging knees and hips.

Rick G

21 - 32 of 32 Posts