BMW R1200R Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

Mark 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
How did you know I was thinking of you, @mikeS?

How did you know I was thinking of you, @mikeS?
Because I know you too well PZ, you couldn't let that one go through to the keeper...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Panzermann

Registered
Do you know if there is any Sargent pod reseller here in Europe who could have them in stock, or even better someone who would have a used one for sale ?

Registered
2020 R1250R HP
Discussion Starter #45
Honestly wouldn't know where to look for used seats in Europe, ebay maybe? Their site shows an EU dealer though.

Registered
Update : I discovered after placing the order that shipping to Europe is currently suspended.
I actually discovered that the price actually does not include VAT, custom fees and administrative costs, so in the end I don't really know if I will ever receive it or at what price... ^^

Wait and see...

Registered
2020 R1250R HP
Discussion Starter #49
Update : I discovered after placing the order that shipping to Europe is currently suspended.
I actually discovered that the price actually does not include VAT, custom fees and administrative costs, so in the end I don't really know if I will ever receive it or at what price... ^^

Wait and see...
This from their European division? I would contact the main HQ and inquire, they have been fraultlessly wonderful to deal with, I would be shocked to find out they support such seedy practices.

Registered
This from their European division? I would contact the main HQ and inquire, they have been fraultlessly wonderful to deal with, I would be shocked to find out they support such seedy practices.
Actually they cannot ship outside of UK because overland transport is suspended due to covid restriction and they don't want to charge the overpriced Air mail, and taxes are an aftermath of the brexit, so there is nothing to blame on them and to be fair the price I paid was lower than the stated price because they don't charge the UK VAT for EU shipping.

I just missed the very explicit flashing yellow disclaimer on the website because I went straight to the product page. The explanation on the website about additional fees is rather clear.
Still cheaper than ordering from US so I will stick with my order and hope for the best!

Registered
2020 R1250R HP
Discussion Starter #51
Actually they cannot ship outside of UK because overland transport is suspended due to covid restriction and they don't want to charge the overpriced Air mail, and taxes are an aftermath of the brexit, so there is nothing to blame on them and to be fair the price I paid was lower than the stated price because they don't charge the UK VAT for EU shipping.

I just missed the very explicit flashing yellow disclaimer on the website because I went straight to the product page. The explanation on the website about additional fees is rather clear.
Still cheaper than ordering from US so I will stick with my order and hope for the best!
That's a lot of context I didn't get from your original post.

Registered
R1250R
Actually, they cannot ship outside of UK because overland transport is suspended due to covid restriction

Im far from convinced that is the case. What I do know is that most groupage exports are suspended as they just get completely stuck at customs. Plus, lots of small companies have simply stopped exporting to the EU because it is too much hassle. Loads of EU companies have ceased individual exports to the UK as it is too much hassle.

Meanwhile the Scottish Sea Food industry, a major Scottish exporter to the EU, is in crises. It is stuffed.

BREXIT it so ####### utterly stupid.

Mark 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
BREXIT it so ####### utterly stupid.
If only the weather was better that fateful day - maybe the non-BREXIT supporters would have made the effort to go put to vote, rather than unsuspectingly allow the BREXIT zealots to achieve an incredulous victory. Make Britain Great Again ...

Registered
R1250R
If only the weather was better that fateful day - maybe the non-BREXIT supporters would have made the effort to go put to vote, rather than unsuspectingly allow the BREXIT zealots to achieve an incredulous victory. Make Britain Great Again ...
Cant remember the weather. I did have a bad feeling about the whole thing. The major effects of BREXIT may rumble on for some time yet. Only two of the four nations that make up the UK voted for it. And those who championed it never believed in it they did it for their own political gain. Meanwhile it has economically united Ireland whilst placing a border between Northern Ireland and the UK (that could yet have very serious implications), whilst generating a surge in support for Scottish Independence. Not to mention it is hitting the UK economy hard at the worst possible time.

But hey best not to go into politics.

Sargent seat pod? Dont be messin aboot. This is what you need a 56ltr Givi;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Panzermann

Registered
R1250R
Bigger is always better. At least that's what an American once told me.

So, Givi V56 is just the job.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts