BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here have a SC Project slip on on their 15+? A tech ay my local dealer has a 2015 R with the SC can on it and akra header. Sounds amazing. He had the dB killer out, and it was a bit on the loud side, but I think with the db killer in, it should tame out nice.

I ordered a slipon two weeks ago, going on 3 weeks now. Still waiting, but wondering if anyone here had one, how long was the wait, thoughts...etc. I ordered it thru Motovation. They said 3-5 weeks backorder, then it ships from their place to the customer. Im still in the backorder time frame so im not concerned, but just curious. They seem to be one the few exhausts for the LC 15+s.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I put one on, then proceeded to do 10,000 km across Canada and back. Well, part way across, I'll do the other third in a week or three.

No complaints. I had the DB killer out for about 79 seconds after I installed it on the bike. It's plenty loud enough for me as is (and I habitually wear ear plugs). Plus no sense attracting the attention of the LEOs with the sound meters. I got it because it's about a quarter the size, half the weight, and thrice as good-looking as the ginormous chrome thing that was on it when I bought it. And for less $$ than a Remus. If I throttle back just right, I can even startle the deaf Harley pirates as I blow by them :devil2:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anyone on here have a SC Project slip on on their 15+? A tech ay my local dealer has a 2015 R with the SC can on it and akra header. Sounds amazing. He had the dB killer out, and it was a bit on the loud side, but I think with the db killer in, it should tame out nice.

I ordered a slipon two weeks ago, going on 3 weeks now. Still waiting, but wondering if anyone here had one, how long was the wait, thoughts...etc. I ordered it thru Motovation. They said 3-5 weeks backorder, then it ships from their place to the customer. Im still in the backorder time frame so im not concerned, but just curious. They seem to be one the few exhausts for the LC 15+s.
I have installed one last year. Without the killer it's to loud but with exactly good.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HUAWEI VNS-L31 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
Had mine on for nearly 2 years. Done 40,000 odd klm with it. All with the DB baffle in. It was just a tad too noisy for me with the baffle out. Did not want to alienate the neighbours.
Great Exhaust - well made - good tone - nice burble on the over-run- etc. Cheaper and smaller than an Akrapovic and much better looking IMO.
Several sound bites are available on YouTube and also represented here in the forum if you want to dig around a bit. Good choice!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well....im starting to doubt my color choice now......:D. I got the stainless can and carbon tip. I was unsure of the black stainless, but now that im seeing more pics. Hmmmm. It's probably too late to change the order or add more wait time to it.

Its great to hear you're loving the sound. I can't stand the giant chrome......well i have a name for it ...... :grin2: It's way too big and the bike is way too quiet at times.

How long did it take everyone to get your exhaust? Im almost on week 3 here and im already chomping at the bit.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
I had one on my 2011 and it took about 6 weeks to get it. It was worth the wait. Very nice sound and good looking too IMO.
Hang in there!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to fan the flames of which colour to choose ... :devil:
Well.....yeah.....that looks good too sticker less. I'm feeling a bit better now. Hahha

I had one on my 2011 and it took about 6 weeks to get it. It was worth the wait. Very nice sound and good looking too IMO.
Hang in there!
6 weeks eh, not bad i suppose considering they are all made to order basically. I reached out to Motovation a week before I actually ordered it 3 weeks ago and they had a black stainless in stock. I was gonna pull the trigger but it wasn't payday yet. Then a week later, when I was ready to order it, i reached out again and they said they are out of both. :| Guess I got another month to go yet....maybe ill pickup the akra header while I wait. :devil2:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Cant remember how long it was now, sorry. But they are made to order in Italy, and SC Projects are doing quite a bit of MOTO GP work now, so it is worth the wait. They may not be well known yet but all that means is you are not paying for the Akra name.

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Well.....yeah.....that looks good too sticker less. I'm feeling a bit better now. Hahha
There's no law where I live that says you have to stick on the sticker ;)

I think the titanium version looks best on the dirty black bikes ... maybe not so much on those pristine white and red garage queens :)

Attachments

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
5,660 Posts
Guess I got another month to go yet....maybe ill pickup the akra header while I wait. :devil2:
Does Remus still do a ("not for road use") header?

Likely cheaper than Akro, but still quality.

Reactions: not guilty

·
Super Moderator
955 Posts
If you contact the representative in the Remus Forum here, you might get some useful info.

Remus USA - BMW R1200R Forum : BMW R1200R Forums

I had a full Remus system, cat-less headers and muffler, on my '06 GS and was very pleased with the quality, appearance, sound and linear power delivery compared to stock. Only downside was I prefer BMW shiny blue chrome headers to Remus flat brown stainless steel ones.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I had a full Remus system on my GSA when I first got it 6 or so years ago. I liked it alot, sounded great, the stainless header browned up nice. I ended up taking it off and selling it after having it on for a year or so. I used the money for something. Forgot what, but told myself I'd pickup another full system, but never did. It's been stock now for the past 4 or so years now. :/

I checked Remus too and they make one for the R.

http://www.remususa.com/stainless-s...ginal-header-stainless-steel-race-no-eec.html

Price point is $150 more than the same kind of stainless header from Akra. Only advantage of the Remus, is that it looks to be 1 piece versus and welded together cleaner than the Akra coming in 2 sections and, at least from the pictures, is made out of 12 separate pieces and welded together more noticeably.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another thought....for those who have a header too. Does the Akra header completely eliminate the flap section? So it goes right from the header into the SC Project link pipe?

Im kinda close on ordering a header, now its just the battle of stainess or feel rich and get the titanium version....hoping it might blue up nice with the cordoba blue. Mmmmmm.....:001_wub:

Then also pickup a servo buddy to elim the flap completely.

With a full system, a power commander and tune will help alot, but for the R.....is it needed? (Aka, Ill hold off and do EVERYTHING in one shot in the off season) or does it just help only (aka, ill pop in a PC when i can in the off season)?

I know when i had my full remus on the GSA, the bike ran fine without any PC or anything. It might of ran a teeny bit better but not enough to warrant spending 400 and a tune. But on the flip side when I had the S1000RR and i put on a full system...the bike ran like garbage. I had to order a Bazazz Zfi and autotune overnight pretty much. :|

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm waiting for my Remus headers & titanium finish SC Projects can to be delivered. Can't wait. Some talk here that the '15 + flapper valve is integral with the OEM headers? That might be why the Remus guy here has told me they don't currently make a replacement section for it.

Any thoughts on whether a tune will be required. When I fitted an Akro can with Remus catless headers on my cam head it ran perfectly OK without a tune.

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
5,660 Posts
Gave my bike a clean yesterday and noted that the exhaust flapper is not in a seoarate link pipe but integral with the rest of the headers. Hence unavailability of a plain link pipe for the 15+.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gotcha. Thanks for the replies. I looked but not super hard yet. My GSA has a filler pipe for the flap so the full remus system i had on there broke between the header and slipon to retain the flap section.

Im still waiting on the SC can still. Going on week 6/7 soon. I emailed Motovation last week and they're waiting for a reply from Italy, Since Italy practically shuts down for August. They're expecting a shipment any second now. But since Motovation is in Austin TX, they been a little slow getting back to me with all the Harvey troubles this past week, but it's completely understandable. Fingers crossed here, the seasons coming to an end soon here in the next month or two.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I've posted these on here before but here's a couple of shots of my stock headers to show how the flapper is integrated into the unit. The shot with the welded up section shows where the cat used to live before being cut out. It's pretty easy to cut all the flap stuff away and weld up the pivot hole etc leaving you with catless flapless stock headers.
Re the fueling question; I too was concerned about the bike running too lean with the mods to the headers and an aftermarket muffler so decided to send my ECU off to Hilltop Motorcycles in the UK, just got it back and got the bike running but have not been for a test ride yet, maybe tomorrow if it stops raining. They install their own software (into unused space inside the ECU) that is self learning and adaptive, I went that way instead of a Power Commander as the software can make changes to not only fueling but ignition curves plus there are no wires and extra crap of a PC and autotune

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've posted these on here before but here's a couple of shots of my stock headers to show how the flapper is integrated into the unit. The shot with the welded up section shows where the cat used to live before being cut out. It's pretty easy to cut all the flap stuff away and weld up the pivot hole etc leaving you with catless flapless stock headers.
Re the fueling question; I too was concerned about the bike running too lean with the mods to the headers and an aftermarket muffler so decided to send my ECU off to Hilltop Motorcycles in the UK, just got it back and got the bike running but have not been for a test ride yet, maybe tomorrow if it stops raining. They install their own software (into unused space inside the ECU) that is self learning and adaptive, I went that way instead of a Power Commander as the software can make changes to not only fueling but ignition curves plus there are no wires and extra crap of a PC and autotune
How much was the tune from hilltop?

I notice GPR make decay headers too BMW R1200R Exhaust HEADERS 2015-17 Stainless Exhaust decat headers FOR LC | eBay

·
Registered
708 Posts
Cost was 300 pounds for the mail it in option. Once they received the ECU the work was done and the thing was back in the post pretty quick, very good service and communication from these guys. I'll report back on my impressions soon as soon as I've been for a ride

1 - 20 of 150 Posts