1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matte Black Carbon Fiber
Model B35-93C, for 2019-2021 R1250R
Received on August 18, run less than 20 miles
Have had issues installing it. PM for details.
It took 8 weeks from order to delivery. $1035 new.
Will sell for $500 + shipping in the US.

Font Rectangle Pattern Paper Paper product

·
Registered
105 Posts
Would this be the same SC Project I have on my 2020 R? Sounds like a good deal for someone if so.

No issues here with the install. Quite pleased over all with the product, fit, finish, function.

- Michael

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
R1250R
692 Posts
Sorry to hear you’ve had issues.

My dealer fitted mine before I picked the bike up new. And it has been back in for tyres, and no mention was made of any difficulty in removing it and refitted it.

If there is an issue it would be worth contacting the retailer or SC Project direct.

I know one other member here had issues, the issue was the heat shield if I remember correctly, and the it was swiftly resolved to their satisfaction.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear you’ve had issues.

My dealer fitted mine before I picked the bike up new. And it has been back in for tyres, and no mention was made of any difficulty in removing it and refitted it.

If there is an issue it would be worth contacting the retailer or SC Project direct.

I know one other member here had issues, the issue was the heat shield if I remember correctly, and the it was swiftly resolved to their satisfaction.
None of my issues are major. Like stripping the crappy torx heads on the heat shield bolts. The pipe clamp bolt seized up while I was taking it apart to apply some Permatex to the link pipe. I’m waiting on a replacement. I was really pissed about this when I placed the ad. I may keep it. I now have the stocker back on.

The SC muffler looks and sounds really good. I find that when I crack it wide open hard in 1st, I get a pop. Also noticed this in 4th opening it up from 50 mph. It’s hard to believe that the muffler could be causing this - maybe it’a muted in the much larger OEM can.

·
Registered
R1250R
692 Posts
The SC muffler looks and sounds really good. I find that when I crack it wide open hard in 1st, I get a pop. Also noticed this in 4th opening it up from 50 mph. It’s hard to believe that the muffler could be causing this - maybe it’a muted in the much larger OEM can.
Personally I haven’t tried that. Basically, if you do that you are relying on the electronics to stop the bike simply revolving around the rear wheel.

You do get what could be described as a pop when cracking the throttle wide open at low rpm, I very strongly suspect what causes it is the shift cam system.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Personally I haven’t tried that. Basically, if you do that you are relying on the electronics to stop the bike simply revolving around the rear wheel.

You do get what could be described as a pop when cracking the throttle wide open at low rpm, I very strongly suspect what causes it is the shift cam system.
I have traction control on.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a new pipe clamp from Motovation (gratis). Reassembled muffler and link pipe with Permatex Copper. The fit is perfect on the bike. So, the sale is off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, does it come with a 'dB-killer' insert? And did you notice any loss of torque, which I read many 2020 owners experienced with aftermarket slip-ons? The Akrapovic, which I assume is the same thing from them than a BMW dealership, reportedly doesn't cause any issues with the inserts in place. With pretty much the same price, I'd prefer the SC Project because it looks better IMO, but not sure which performs best. I know a slip-on is not going to increase power, but I don't want any less either. Finally, any idea what is the weight savings from the stock can to the Akra/SCP? Thx.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don’t notice any difference in power with the SC1-R which as far as I know has the DB killers hard mounted. The dyno chart for the SCP on their web site doesn’t show much difference with stock but is a bit higher around 4K. Same with the Akra. The Akra is 0.2 kg lighter than stock. The SCP is 2.5 kg lighter than stock.

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,696 Posts
I don’t know if it translates to the 1250 but my 1200 LC with SC Project seems to have more torque in my normal around town riding range. I’ve not tried it with the db killer out - too loud for my taste.

With it fitted, fuel consumption is lower, as I’m riding at somewhat lower rpm.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Reactions: dbyker

·
Dave in NE TN
1,339 Posts
Fine looking machine PZ.

Cheers! Dave

Reactions: Panzermann
1 - 12 of 12 Posts