BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SC Project for R1200R or RS. Like new. Used it for 2 months. Just bought an RT. Paid $585 + delivery. Sell for $450. Have homologation docs from SC. Tks for reading my post.

·
Registered
17 Posts
SC Project for R1200R or RS. Like new. Used it for 2 months. Just bought an RT. Paid $585 + delivery. Sell for $450. Have homologation docs from SC. Tks for reading my post.
Is this still available? I have been looking at the SC project oval slip-on for my '15 R1200R (https://www.motovationusa.com/bmw-r1200r-oval-exhaust-sc-project.html).

If available still, is this the same part as in link above (for 2015-2016)? Can you confirm if the DB Killer is removable?

·
Super Moderator
5,382 Posts
What model is this?
Have 2014 R1200R Dark White
Edward, the ad doesn’t specifically say so, but because it suits an RS (2015+) it won’t suit your 2014, unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
5,382 Posts
this the same part as in link above (for 2015-2016)?
It’s the same part number as mine, so yes, the db killer is removable. I think the e3 marking is the key indicator wrt this.

It’s very loud with it removed though - you’ll love the tone with it out but it’s nit really socially acceptable. I find even with it in place, it’s significantly louder than stock. Quiet when cruising but you can hear the braaap when you open the throttle a bit.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I could be wrong but the position of the bolt head that secures the supporting bracket to the hanger is on the right hand side. To me this suggests the silencer was mounted on the RHS of the bike, ergo on a bike with the differential on the left, which therefore means an =>2015 LC??? Pity it wasn't in Oz or I'd be very interested.

·
Super Moderator
5,382 Posts
I could be wrong
You may be right, or may be crazy (as the song goes) but in this case you’re right, Herdy. One day the OP might come back and tell us if it’s sold, but given he’s moved to an RT and this was posted in July, I suspect it’s sold and we’ve seen the last of him.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It’s the same part number as mine, so yes, the db killer is removable. I think the e3 marking is the key indicator wrt this.

It’s very loud with it removed though - you’ll love the tone with it out but it’s nit really socially acceptable. I find even with it in place, it’s significantly louder than stock. Quiet when cruising but you can hear the braaap when you open the throttle a bit.
Thanks for that, Panzermann! Sounds perfect. And yea, I will probably leave the DB Killer in, though I do like having the option to remove.

I may just go ahead and break down and order one of these direct. Like you said, I think OP is probably long gone at this point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts