BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
You Blokes have probably given many others here a lot of food for thought - except that in our blinkered ways we probably regard scooters as being pretty unmanly an' all that. My first scooter was a Vespa GS 200cc two-stroke with four-speed handlebar-lever operated gears and 12" wheels. My wife-to-be (still together after 59 years!) and I ventured all over SE England on it. I'd have another tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You Blokes have probably given many others here a lot of food for thought - except that in our blinkered ways we probably regard scooters as being pretty unmanly an' all that. My first scooter was a Vespa GS 200cc two-stroke with four-speed handlebar-lever operated gears and 12" wheels. My wife-to-be (still together after 59 years!) and I ventured all over SE England on it. I'd have another tomorrow!
Real men ride scooters it's blokey way to get around town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That's what I'm talking about @sturgeon - hipsters need not apply...

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Managed to track down and purchase a 2019 limited edition from a collector today. Never been outdoors, registered, zero km and never had fuel in the tank. Procycle is helping me out and picking the bike up tomorrow - quick service and rego. Should have the bike by Thursday... Happy days.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks, PZ. I'll post some pix when it arrives home. I'm really excited and can't wait.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Might do something like this instead as I wouldn't want to overload my top box.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
I'm in the market for a furry seat cover PZ - might be time to put one of your fleabags to good use. Happy to pay a fair price.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Very cool little scooter MikeS. Definitely need to move on from that red seat tho'.

Maybe you could do it in kangaroo fur? - fresh roadkill would be a free and plentiful source as soon as we get let out...

·
Super Moderator
4,787 Posts
I’m loving the hot, Honda Red seat - it’ll make the bike a collector’s item into the future, so I wouldn’t mess with it.
Anyway, what is ‘age appropriate’? No-one knows how old you are once you don your fullface helmet.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The red seat is the only design feature I'm not comfortable with(for now). Reality is no one other than myself would care. I'll probably order a grey or black genuine one from Japan and not touching the red seat. Once I get over it, I'll probably put it back on. I had similar reservations about my little G310R, but I never give it a second thought. Although not getting much seat time as my son has unofficially claimed it as his ride.

21 - 40 of 102 Posts