BMW R1200R Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #41
My Honda Super Cub is on it's way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #44
With that baboon seat, one could mistake it for an old R80GS. Nahhhhh.
Thanks and now I feel even more red-faced about the seat.

Registered
When locating that scooter, mikeS, you didn't happen to come across a Telelever-equipped brand-new-still-in-the-box oilhead Roadster did you? Red seat acceptable (just)...

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #47
Just arrived and it's immaculate and has 1km on the clock.

Registered
Just arrived and it's immaculate and has 1km on the clock.

Enjoy it! Gotta say - those tasty wheels look far too good for it!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #49
Enjoy it! Gotta say - those tasty wheels look far too good for it!
Thanks, Los. I'm not accustomed to a bike so lite, I nearly hurled it across the road putting on the centre stand.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #50
They're getting acquainted...

Registered
It's very sweet. I actually like the red seat, and it's offset by a few little features of red (badging) around the bike, think it looks schmick! I'm jelly of your garage.

Found this vid after watching one of the commute/reviews by Motorcyclist Magazine on the F 900 XR.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #53
Thanks, @Mint; it looks even better in metal. I also like the red seat, but feel, it's not bit out-there for a guy of my vintage. However, when I went out to the garage this morning (to check if it's was still there), it didn't seem as red. Anyway, I love it! I can't believe my luck finding one unused with zero klm on the clock. I'll try to get out today to get it registered.

Registered
Congrats with your new bike! I currently have 3 old 1970s Honda bikes, including a cub. They are all registered as mopeds since they have a 50cc engine. Those bikes are underrated, so much fun to ride. At some point I might get the CT125 (the scrambler thingie).

Registered
Moreover, I think you insult her for calling her a scooter :), she doesn't have a floorboard. She deserves to be in the motorcycle category :love:

Registered
Or a 'step-through' as I have heard them called. My very first riding experience was (illegally, and definitely not permitted by him!) on my late-father's PUCH moped. This would have been in the early 1950s or so. I think it had a 50cc or thereabouts two-stroke engine, started by frantically pedalling the thing until it fired, then sitting back watching young mothers with babes-in-prams rush by.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #58
Hunter CUB CT125 is scheduled for release here in OZ in August.

Registered
41 - 60 of 80 Posts