BMW R1200R Forum banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
For you, we could work out a deal. I understand the RRP will be AUD7800.00 plus ORC. Seems very pricey, but I wouldn't rule out snapping one up. I really like Matt Fresco Brown colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Well, it will make a change from sending all my hard-earned to Germany. Robbed vs gouged both have the same end result.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Love that Hunter Cub 125 in red. Yikes...I think I want one! It might even replace a car! And I think I like it even more than the Honda Grom...

OK MikeS, whassit like? Enquiring minds need to know.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Love that Hunter Cub 125 in red. Yikes...I think I want one! It might even replace a car! And I think I like it even more than the Honda Grom...

OK MikeS, whassit like? Enquiring minds need to know.
Hmm, I think you could be right regarding the red. I had a few issues trying to register the bike on Friday (forgot the sale receipt), so I’ve had a chance to ride apart from a few laps up and down my street.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had a 2010 Scarabeo 200 when I lived in the ACT. I used to ride it everywhere (including the Cotter) and it was great fun. Even my big bike riding mate got off of it and was impressed at how quick it was for a 200. Only downside was that it rattled your teeth over anything other than perfectly smooth roads.
Had an Aprilia Scarabeo 200 until last year. Rode it 2-up from NYC to Philly. Amazing little machine! I can't truly say the R12R replaced it, simply couldn't keep both.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Took the little CUB out for its first run today. It's so much fun and loving this little bike.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
Went for a quick 50k blast on the CUB and feeling much more relaxed with the short wheelbase. I was getting a little too enthusiastic towards the end into some of the tight corners and nearly found the limit of the skinny front tyre. Loving this little machine - so much fun to ride.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Givi 1168 rack arrived today and looks pretty neat. At some point, I might like to a small top box and this rack is made to fit a givi monolock top box plate.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Farkling already, mike!

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Give a local boy a break - just a little something for my ride.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Love the Club, my sister had a 50 when we lived in Guyana in the late 60s and I then 12 years old rode it more than she did.

Because of perceived lack of interest or our terrible currency value, Honda Canada has never imported it or the Monkey to Canada.

Hopefully they offer the S90 or CL90 or 175 tribute bike one day.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Meh!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Very cute and oh so cool little bike for sure mikes, but I'm sorry that seat still yells 'baboon bum'.

Let's hope it's not contagious, else it'll make for an interesting next consultation with your Doctor...

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
Very cute and oh so cool little bike for sure mikes, but I'm sorry that seat still yells 'baboon bum'.

Let's hope it's not contagious, else it'll make for an interesting next consultation with your Doctor...
A baboon bum you say... I think you've been exchanging notes with @sturgeon. For what it's worth, I still can't warm to the in-your-face red seat, but I have a solution for that coming soon.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts