Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,019 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
That rear rack looks sturdy enough to carry at least one well-filled picnic hamper, mike, lest you become peckish between bakery-cafe stops on the road.

But where's CB650R we are all eagerly awaiting news of??
Out with the not-so-old and in with the very new. The bike just arrived...

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Seeing this never-ending parade of trucks delivering new bikes to chez Smith must make your neighbours think you have won the Lottery, Mike. I certainly do!
CB looks good - but I still cannot see one up here... what's the DVF - another BM of some description?

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
No lotto winner, just a hard-working battler, Los.

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Didn't have time to go for a quick spin but hopefully tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
5,182 Posts
A very tidy looking package. Just spin those fork reflectors off and it will look the biz’.

Reactions: mikeS

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Those 4 x pots sound the biz. Nice n’ lite and looking forward to taking but only after little run out on the CUB. Did forget to mention I love the CUB?

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
I must say the CB650 has excellent balance

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Seeing this never-ending parade of trucks delivering new bikes to chez Smith must make your neighbours think you have won the Lottery, Mike. I certainly do!
CB looks good - but I still cannot see one up here... what's the DVF - another BM of some description?
Well, LoS - I’m not one to collect things/bikes, but I’m thinking about an R1250. The only thing holding back is my current LC is so well set up (for my needs) it’s ready to go on a long-haul touring trip at a moments notice. But, another BMW of sorts could be on the cards.

·
Super Moderator
5,182 Posts
But, another BMW of sorts could be on the cards
I can just see you poodling down to your favourite hipster bar on a shiny R18 for an espresso martini, Mike

Reactions: mikeS

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Well, LoS - I’m not one to collect things/bikes, but I’m thinking about an R1250. The only thing holding back is my current LC is so well set up (for my needs) it’s ready to go on a long-haul touring trip at a moments notice. But, another BMW of sorts could be on the cards.

Nothin' wrong with collecting! If my closest dealer (120 km distant) wasn't such a dufus, I'd probably have an R1250RS sitting in my garage right now. When I bought the 2016 R, I really wanted an RS, but intensely disliked the colour selection. Then I did a nice long test run an a 1250 last year and was impressed. Oh well, it's not urgent, so ...

I went out for a short spin on the Scrambler on some twisty gravel that turned into a 350km adventure, and my 1250 purchase thoughts turned to upgrading the Scrambler suspension instead. I'll have one more go at some homemade solutions, but I see Ohlins or Wilbers in its future. Other than its less-than-stellar performance on rough washboard roads, it's loads of fun. Perhaps something to add to your collection?

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Looks like Nigel has got his spot staked out on the pillion already.
As soon as I wheeled the Honda into the shed it only took a millisecond for Nigel to jump up on the pillion seat. However, the new waxy film on the seat causes Nigie to slide off. It seems, for now, he's not all that I pressed with the new Honda.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #138 (Edited)
The size of my collection is limited by the space on offer in the shed - limited space does force me to churn rather than collect. That said, I can't see myself churning out the CUB. I am fighting the urge not to put a deposit on a CT125. Although it wouldn't take-up that much space...

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
As soon as I wheeled the Honda into the shed it only took a millisecond for Nigel to jump up on the pillion seat. However, the new waxy film on the seat causes Nigie to slide off. It seems, for now, he's not all that I pressed with the new Honda.
I was talking about the wet spot. Or is that yours? :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
If there's a wet spot then that would be mine.

121 - 140 of 179 Posts