BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am 6' (13cm seems very short!). High seat seemed good but added the BMW adjustable pegs after a while to increase knee angle. The angle difference seems tiny but makes a lot of difference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How tall are you, @RC65? At 13 cm (6 ft on last millenium’s scale) I find with the stock R seat I’d be squatting on the bike. The no cost High seat option (standard on the RS) suits me much better. The bonus is it has more padding to achieve its height.
I've a feeling the standard seat on the R1250R is now 820 mm (same as the R1200RS/R1250RS). The R1200R standard seat height was 790 mm and the 820 mm seat was classed as the high seat option. (I'm 5' 8" - 173 cms and use the high seat for long journeys then switch to the standard seat for around town and local trips. So I would guess, RC65, that the test ride you had on the R1250R had the stock 820 mm seat which is now the same as the R1250RS

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've a feeling the standard seat on the R1250R is now 820 mm (same as the R1200RS/R1250RS). The R1200R standard seat height was 790 mm and the 820 mm seat was classed as the high seat option. (I'm 5' 8" - 173 cms and use the high seat for long journeys then switch to the standard seat for around town and local trips. So I would guess, RC65, that the test ride you had on the R1250R had the stock 820 mm seat which is now the same as the R1250RS
Could be. I don't have experience on the old high seat to compare knowledgeably, but I will say the stock seat on the 2020 R1250R that I testrode fit my 6'1" frame well and was comfortable enough for me to think that it may well be the very first motorcycle seat I wouldn't have to switch out for an aftermarket seat.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Great, good to know...makes sense now that the ‘20 seat was as comfortable as it was, given that it was once considered as having extra (but now standard) foam. Also explains why the ergos worked so well for my 6’1” frame.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Presumably “the trigger was pulled” means you have purchased a new motorcycle. Congratulations.

Would love to see the snaps, but your link isn’t working. Don’t see the thread anywhere else.

Stay safe.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks, yes, I bought a 2020 R1250R in the Pollux Metallic Matte. The link w/ pics works for me, but for some reason it does say "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly." I'll try adding the same pics below in case that new post is hung up in moderation and they miss approving it.

·
Super Moderator
4,762 Posts
Thanks, yes, I bought a 2020 R1250R in the Pollux Metallic Matte. The link w/ pics works for me, but for some reason it does say "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly." I'll try adding the same pics below in case that new post is hung up in moderation and they miss approving it.
It seems your photos triggered the 'sexy pictures' filter, but it's been cleared by moderators now. 💪

21 - 32 of 32 Posts