BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded my 2015 R12R for a new GTL, selling off the R12R accessories.

This is a set of Shad cases, with mounts for the 2015 R1200R. Check the Shad website to verify MSRPs and year models, I am pretty sure they fit 2015 through 2018. All cases have the silver option, matches the Thunder Grey R12R really well.

These cases have been on a few trips, but are in virtually new condition, with these exceptions: I bumped the right side case against my garage door. There are a few normal boot marks, probably can be buffed out. I'll post photos, maybe have to spread across a few posts here.

MSRP
$452 SH50 top case with universal plate, keyed to match the side cases
$ 52 mounting kit for R12R with BMW rack
$607 SH36 side cases
$133 3P mount kit for SH36 cases

Total MSRP $1,244

Everything listed above as a set for $675 plus shipping from Seattle, WA.

Attachments

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry about the orientation on the photos. The close up is the scuff from when I bumped my garage door frame, right side case. I haven't tried to buff it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Universal mount for top case and R12R adapter kit. This kit fits the R12R with BMW rack, not the R12R with the grab handles that don't have a luggage rack.
3P mounts for '15+ R12R

Attachments

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump for SHAD case price reduction

All for $600 plus shipping from Seattle.

Mounts fit R12R LC bikes. Mounts for other bikes are available from Shad.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
The case silver color trim complements the _LC panels very well.
Half price is a good deal for hardly used luggage.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm surprised that these haven't sold yet. The shipping cost might be putting some people off, I don't know.

One can probably find Shad cases for 15% off new on sale, with free or cheap shipping. Figure in taxes for buying new and my cases seem like a very good deal to me. I might mention that the time I bumped into the garage door frame didn't do any real damage to the side case, just a relatively minor scuff mark. It didn't flex the case or make any cracks or any weakness.

Somebody will get them and have a good deal.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another bump for price reduction to $550 plus shipping from Bainbridge Island, WA. I haven't boxed them up for shipping yet, so it'll take me a day or so to get them ready and take them down to the post office to get shipping costs.

If you are close enough to Bainbridge Island (near Seattle) to pick them up, I'll sell them for $500 cash to avoid Paypal cost and having to pack them for shipping.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, the cases are still available. Let me know if you want more photos or info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I noticed as well that you had some crash bars. I'm new to the forum so I navigating has been a bit of an issue.....Do you still have them?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi, are the cases still avaialbe? What about the crash bar? Thanks Jean
Yes, Shad cases (side and top) are still for sale as are the crash bars and a couple other things.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I currently have the crash bars packed inside the top case. I boxed them up to see what shipping costs were to someone that was interested, but he decided against the purchase. I'll post the shipping info here for anyone that is interested, because it is significant although it is still a pretty good deal. The farther away from Seattle, the more costly the shipping.

Here's some shipping info I got on the big box. It weighs 33 lbs and is 24x21x13 inches. It contains the top case, mounting hardware, keys, and the engine protection bars.

To the address in Alberta, Canada:
USPS $140 7-10 days
UPS $100 3-7 days
To Great Falls, Montana (I picked a random zip there 59410, assumed residential delivery)
USPS $50 3 days
UPS $50 2 days

The side cases will fit in smaller boxes, ~24x16x14 (max) and will weigh ~10-15 lbs, so I'm guessing they'll each be roughly half the cost of the big one; but we won't know for sure until I find some boxes and pack them up and take them down to UPS or whatever.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The SH36 side cases and mounts are sold.

The SH50 top case with universal mount and adapter for R1200R LC are still for sale: $250 plus shipping from Seattle.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump the thread now that it's summer.

Top case with mounting hardware for '15 R12R LC still for sale.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Price drop for Shad SH50 top case and mounting hardware: $200 plus shipping from Seattle.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Charlie - I've already got a full Shad kit (SH36's) with the mounts. You open to deals on the top case as I've got the smaller one and I don't like it much (looks like a bubble butt on the bike)?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts