BMW R1200R Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes, I am also considering the Arrow Maxi Race-Tech slip-on, looks good and is priced at $470 incl free shipping here in US on E Bay. Anyone have experience with Arrow? Thanks!
I pulled the pin on an Arrow Maxi Race-Tech - purchased through ebay for $630 AUD and 5 weeks delivery from Italy. The quality is great, mass is half the OEM muffler at ~2.6kg and has a significantly smaller cross section.

It had a removable tab / circlip for removing the baffle. Without the baffle has a nice deep tone but likely a little too loud for longer rides. With baffle in it is slightly louder than stock. I'll post comparison clips if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I’ve got an Akrapovic ready to fit from a previous bike but have gotten used to ‘the bin’. It adds gravitas not to mention an extra gravity device for right turns, plus the standard ‘zorst is directed straight at a neighbour’s bedroom window. Semidetached dwellers with garages take a bow, you’re living the dream.

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,105 Posts
I pulled the pin on an Arrow Maxi Race-Tech
I’ve always been impressed by the quality and value of Arrow exhausts. They provide Triumph’s accessory exhausts.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
On my lovely but alas unloved R9T Option 719 I removed the ghastly stock twin Akra zorst, and replaced it with a much lighter and infinitely more attractive BOS pipe - made in the Netherlands. A thing of beauty...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I pulled the pin on an Arrow Maxi Race-Tech - purchased through ebay for $630 AUD and 5 weeks delivery from Italy. The quality is great, mass is half the OEM muffler at ~2.6kg and has a significantly smaller cross section.

It had a removable tab / circlip for removing the baffle. Without the baffle has a nice deep tone but likely a little too loud for longer rides. With baffle in it is slightly louder than stock. I'll post comparison clips if anyone is interested.

View attachment 110919 View attachment 110921

View attachment 110920
Yes, I would be interested in sound clips, thanks!

·
Registered
2011 R1200R
28 Posts

View attachment 110919 View attachment 110921

View attachment 110920
aside from the appearance and sound, the thing i like about the arrow on my '11 is that after a ride, i can come in contact with it and not lose skin.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
SC have a Euro 5 version of the SC1-R for the 2021 R1250R. Two questions: would the Euro 5 be quieter than the Euro 4 muffler, and would the Euro5 muffler be compatible with my 2020 R1250R? Are the 2020 and 2021 bikes in different states of tune?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Love the color! And the SC slip on.
Where did you purchase it, and what was the cost if you don't mind answering.
Thanks!
I bought directly from SC Project.
Price was same as other outlets at just over $1000 I think.
- Michael

41 - 52 of 52 Posts