BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - holidays are coming up again and looking for a set of soft panniers on my 1250r - it’s only for 2 weeks and although OEM cases are great although really heavy - has anyone any experience of soft panniers - if so what have you used ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Such a pity by about a week, I've just sold some brand new never used Givi throw over saddle bags.
Would recommend them, well made, and very practical, no fuss, do the job, and for less than £100.
Only reason I ended up not wanting them is because I tend to do a lot more long distance riding, and touring now, so went for the roll dry bags

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Such a pity by about a week, I've just sold some brand new never used Givi throw over saddle bags.
Would recommend them, well made, and very practical, no fuss, do the job, and for less than £100.
Only reason I ended up not wanting them is because I tend to do a lot more long distance riding, and touring now, so went for the roll dry bags
Always the way eh lol -I actually bought a set of cheap ones from Amazon , tested them for a weekend away from Scotland to the Yorkshire dales , weren’t loaded to the max but did surprisingly well , just need to try and convince my better half to pair things down to a smaller kitchen sink lol

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Opt for dry bag style soft bags. Soft bags with rain covers won't do the trick.

Good luck, ride on!

Reactions: Panzermann
1 - 4 of 4 Posts