BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

I have lurked for a while. I am from Central California and have been riding BMWs for 25 years or so. I started on a 1978 R100S, moved to a 2000 K1200LT, and now spend most of my time on a 2007 R1200R. All have been purchased used. I prefer two wheels to any other number. I visit several other BMW forums all under the same user name. I have benefited from the vast experience and knowledge found on all of them.

Sean

·
Registered
29 Posts
Howdy Sean,

Welcome aboard! :) I mostly lurk myself; but, wanted to say hello and see where in central CA you hail from. I spent a couple years in Merced while stationed at Castle AFB (was there in 93 and 94). Beautiful area and very close to so many great places to visit and ride.

I'm rather new to the BMW family. Picked up my 2010 R1200R in March and am loving it more every time I take it out. I have a 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited too; but (and I can't believe I'm saying this...), I find myself pulling the cover off the R more often than not. I suppose I'm finding out what you guys have known for a while now - the R1200R is simply an incredible ride. Quick and nimble - it's just an extremely capable, fun bike that does well in any situation you throw at it. I am smitten! :)

Anyway, hope you enjoy your stay here! Ride safe!

--Mike

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mike,

I live in Coalinga. 65 miles ssw of Fresno and west of I-5.

I still have my K1200LT for rides with my wife. She isn't much into riding lately. I commute on the R1200R and ride it most of the time. I have a daughter who lives on the coast. I ride over to have lunch with her whenever our schedules match up. II rode the LT to Oregon to see my youngest daughter last year. 11 hours in the saddle is the longest day I have had. I will ride the R up this year.

Stay safe,

Sean

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Hello and welcome. I like 2 wheels but 4 are better, I have my R1200R and an old K75s!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts