BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I been riding a 2011 R1200R classic and I love it until I had to put it away for winter in November.

Do not get me wrong I love that machine since I bought it brand new since 2011, but I made a mistake and went to the Toronto motorcycle show in December of last year, they had on display a the new 2013 black on graphite K1300S and there was a big ass crowd around it and as soon as I got the last guy out of my way, I saw it and fell in love with it, and guess what, the guy that sold me my R1200R was right behind me laughing and saying "I guess we will be talking about this in the new year?" And all I could say was "We will see".

So now I just put a down-payment on one today and should be getting it in April, because every time one comes to Canada, someone gets it before I can, so I ordered one from Germany, and I will be trading in the R1200R.

So I am on my way to get this kick ass machine!:001_tt1:

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
K-bikes have their own special kind of allure. Hope you're happy on it.
farbmw has :moved:eek:n. Perhaps we'll see you back here at some point in the future. Best of luck !! We'll be waiting on the new owner of your old Classic to arrive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K-bikes have their own special kind of allure. Hope you're happy on it.
farbmw has :moved:eek:n. Perhaps we'll see you back here at some point in the future. Best of luck !! We'll be waiting on the new owner of your old Classic to arrive.
Thanks man, maybe one day I will return.:001_unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
As usual I think that bike looks awesome but that exhaust has to go.

Good luck with your new toy, I haven't find any bike that comes even close to the R1200R, hope that day doesn't happen soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As usual I think that bike looks awesome but that exhaust has to go.

Good luck with your new toy, I haven't find any bike that comes even close to the R1200R, hope that day doesn't happen soon.
Thanks, if I was able to keep both bike I would, but the R1200R is way to big for the wife (she 5 foot nothing :clown:) so I can't even use she as an reason to keep it.:(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks, if I was able to keep both bike I would, but the R1200R is way to big for the wife (she 5 foot nothing :clown:) so I can't even use she as an reason to keep it.:(
Solution simple; get a new taller wife. :clap:

·
Registered
23 Posts
For years I rode Air Heads, /5, /6, /7. Still have an R90S and R100S. I too went down the road of the RT and then a K1600. All said and done, broke down and purchased an R1200R. There is so much to be said for the R1200R. I may get something else In the future but will always have a twin. As all know, good things come in pairs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats on the K1300 S If you are interested in selling your R12 instead of trading, please contact me via PM. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts