BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Greetings from way beyond down-under - here in Aotearoa (New Zealand - not a part / piece or state of Australia :rolleyes: )

These keep popping up in my social media feed - and I like the theory behind them...and was wondering if any of you esteemed riders have any experience with the units?

Also - if you do...will they just simply plug into my Hex ezCan Unit

Brake Flasher Module

Thanks in advance - stay upright and love the naked ride :)

Chur

Baldrick

·
Registered
39 Posts
... following...
I was very interested in the ST2 (I really don't like the r12r's turn signal cancelling operation), and in fact I had written to them before I got the R (at the time, it was for my K1200r) and they assured me that it was compatible with the BMWs... But I then sold the K to get the R and haven't yet bothered to look into it again. If there's one thing I miss from my Harley-Davidson, it's the superb and flawless turn signals seld-cancellation. So I'm keeping watch here in the hope that someone chimes in.

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP 2018 Triumph T120
250 Posts
I installed one on my T120. I'm not familiar with the Hex exCan and its function, so I can't comment on compatibility with it.

I was able to install it myself.

Audio equipment Eyewear Electrical wiring Cable Electronic engineering

·
Registered
39 Posts
I installed one on my T120. I'm not familiar with the Hex exCan and its function, so I can't comment on compatibility with it.

I was able to install it myself, but it isn't a simple one.

View attachment 116965
Does it work well? How quickly does it cancel the turn signal after a turn? The stock BMW self-cancellation is really only for in case you forget (it's completely useless as a regular cancellation technique because the time is much much too long)

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP 2018 Triumph T120
250 Posts
... following...
I was very interested in the ST2 (I really don't like the r12r's turn signal cancelling operation), and in fact I had written to them before I got the R (at the time, it was for my K1200r) and they assured me that it was compatible with the BMWs... But I then sold the K to get the R and haven't yet bothered to look into it again. If there's one thing I miss from my Harley-Davidson, it's the superb and flawless turn signals seld-cancellation. So I'm keeping watch here in the hope that someone chimes in.
He was talking about their brake module, not the turn signal cancelling one. I also installed this on my T120. Much more difficult installation. A little more than basic electricity knowledge is needed for installation. The T120 didn't have auto cancel signals and is why I added it.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Well, my 2 cents....

I have SkeneLights for auxiliary lights. I am unimpressed with its decelerometer function because even at max sensitivity, I have to decelerate pretty hard for it to trigger. I talking dropping 2 gears with throttle closed deceleration.

This seems to just be a module to insert between the tail light and wire harness. I see no point in involving the ezCan as it would respond to brake application only. My guess is that it plugs into direct power and then activates brake lights as it thinks is needed.

Reactions: Baldrick
1 - 11 of 11 Posts