BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please keep an eye out for a white and red 2015 R1200R with white painted luggage and full Akrapovic exhaust (and header), clear stompgrip, and shorty levers. Mine got stolen in Oregon. Not too hopeful given the recovery rates of motos. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Dave in NE TN
1,183 Posts
Goatfarmer1970,

Sorry for your misfortune and good luck recovering your R12R.

Best, Dave

·
Registered
2017 R1200r LC sport.
1,763 Posts
That's a bummer, hope you get it back, Do you have theft insurance in the states?

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,394 Posts
The question that immediately arises in my mind is how. The bike can’t be started without the key - did they break in, find the key and ride it away, or simply pick it up and drop it onto a trailer, I wonder.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Very strange. A lot of non-immobilizer bikes are stolen in the US.. Not a lot of euro bikes are.

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
434 Posts
The question that immediately arises in my mind is how. The bike can’t be started without the key - did they break in, find the key and ride it away, or simply pick it up and drop it onto a trailer, I wonder.
Some bikes are stolen by a couple guys in a pick up truck, tons of dirt bikes go that way, serious thieves bring 5-6 guys in a full size van.

No bike is safe.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
According to the officer that came to do the police report, they use two skateboards or furniture dollys...he said they have seen tons of bikes get boosted (on Ring doorbells), and typically, two guys just put something under each wheel and roll them right into a van or truck. Not sure what they do with them afterwards, but I suspect they take a crashed bike (with a clean VIN) and repair it? Anyway, I bought a replacement bike yesterday. I have put nearly 700 miles on it in the last two days.
R1250R.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My new bike feels super comfortable and familiar (almost identical), but so weak and quiet and lame compared to the old bike...for one reason...what a difference it makes to have the full header and pipe system with a tune. I cannot believe I waited so long to do it last time. Not gonna wait at all this time. Already ordered the exact same set up...need to make my sewing machine nastier. As for the R1250R vs the R1200R, not a big difference IMO, but the larger display is easier to read (without my reading glasses).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts