BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 R1200R
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. New to the modern bike game and forums. I recently sold my beloved 1991 R100 Classic and purchased a 2017 R1200R after lusting after them since 2015. I've had quite a few bikes through the years (07 Thruxton, 68 SuperCub, 75 CB200, 72 Bultaco Alpina) and I still have a 70 Triumph TR25W and 74 Honda Trail 90 along with the Beemer. I loved my airhead but having three older bikes got to be a bit much in upkeep with my young family. Looking forward to fuel injection and new(er) bike ownership.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant

·
Registered
122 Posts
Oh, yeah, she's a beauty! I don't care for the decals on the WC models. Is that tank stock? or did you or the p.o. remove them?
I love the looks of my '11 Classic for that reason.
I had a '70 R75/5 back in the day and still lust after them but my better half reminds me that they don't come close to the performance of the modern bikes and I force myself to stay away....
Enjoy 'er!

·
Registered
2017 R1200R
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, yeah, she's a beauty! I don't care for the decals on the WC models. Is that tank stock? or did you or the p.o. remove them?
I love the looks of my '11 Classic for that reason.
I had a '70 R75/5 back in the day and still lust after them but my better half reminds me that they don't come close to the performance of the modern bikes and I force myself to stay away....
Enjoy 'er!
Thank you! I definitely am enjoying it. This bike is stock, no decals on this color. The White/Red frame bike had decals on the tank.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I think the Bronze also had decals. Nice choice, and I want to see pics of the Honda Trail - I grew up running around fields on one of those...

I added pinstripes to the tank on my R1200R just to make it a little different from the rest.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats! I almost picked up a black 2017 a couple of weeks ago, but someone else bought it out from under me. I learned a lesson: don’t wait that extra couple of hours to email an offer, just do it now if you want it. Gorgeous bike.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome! I also bought a 2017 r1200r this June. I had a 2012 r1200r from 2015 to 2020, happy to be back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts