BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a new software update for the TFT on the r1250, version 022 005 041 , from this week. The sport screen with dtc , braking and bank angle measurement screen is added as part of the update. I have mine booked in for next week. Hopefully this will be included in my update.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I take it that is dependant on what options you have. I don't think I have DTC (dynamic traction control?) or ABS pro. I would like the sports screen layout though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be interesting to know what software you have at the minute? I'm currently on 001 118 060

·
Registered
154 Posts
There seems to be a new software update for the TFT on the r1250, version 022 005 041 , from this week. The sport screen with dtc , braking and bank angle measurement screen is added as part of the update. I have mine booked in for next week. Hopefully this will be included in my update.
That would be great, if correct, as that sport screen wasn't included as part of my Exclusive package's stock TFT. So that update is available for all 1250r models? Any idea if there is a fee involved? Is there an official announcement I can print out and bring to the dealer, in case they plead ignorance?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be great, if correct, as that sport screen wasn't included as part of my Exclusive package's stock TFT. So that update is available for all 1250r models? Any idea if there is a fee involved? Is there an official announcement I can print out and bring to the dealer, in case they plead ignorance?
I have a 2019 r1250r exclusive, apparently when bmw plug in there computer it looks at what is installed and updates accordingly. They won't update the software if you just want it updating. I have complained about the Bluetooth dropping out and forgetting phone and satnav connections etc... they will then update it. Well in the UK. Mine is booked in for the 11th next week ill post once its done and confirm if they have added the sport screen. I read the information on a Facebook tft group there is a lot of info on connections and problems etc..

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got a similar issue, the bike occasionally deletes the connection to my headset, but never my phone. I'm on version 001_019_180.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I so hope this is true. I can't understand why the Sport display isn't an option – I'd pay for it – looks so much better than the 'stock' one.
I asked my dealer yesterday about the update but they didn't know and said they would check with BMW Motorrad Japan. Actually, my dealer didn't even realize that the only version of the R1250R that has that display is the white, blue and red HP version . . .

·
Registered
95 Posts
Unfortunately, I was having issues with my phone display on my new 1250R. When hooked up through my Sena headset, I did not have "favorites". At my 600 mile service, I got a TFT update. The update did not give me "favorites" on the phone display, but instead, caused a malfunction in the suspension setting display. Now when I hit the handlebar switch to change from road to dynamic suspension setting, the display is "grayed out" and hard to see. The dealer cannot fix it and we are waiting for BMW USA to address it. I called BMW USA and they only referred me to the dealer. I have software version 021_104_020
I have the HP Sport option so I already have the sport display.

·
Super Moderator
5,382 Posts
The Sport display is a nice one, although who has time to take their eyes off the road to check whether the bank angle is 45 degrees. 😁

·
Super Moderator
5,382 Posts
stores your highest angle for e-peen competitions with your mates
Does the bike have to be moving to record lean angle? Easy enough to start the engine and lean the bike over whilst standing adjacent to it. I do this sometimes to drain out excess water after washing. Winner!

Reactions: asparaguspee

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also have had the same software update today and have the sport screen added. The bike also feels much crisper and the quickshifter is a lot smoother. I'm on a uk 2019 r1250r exclusive. I guess if you have the bank angle displayed via the app, then all the sensors are there to display the sport screen ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does the lean angle indicator measure frame roll or the dynamic lean angle?

·
Super Moderator
5,382 Posts
Does the lean angle indicator measure frame roll or the dynamic lean angle?
I don’t know the difference, but I expect it would use the output of the ASC’s accelerometer module.

·
Registered
46 Posts
In MotoGP the dynamic lean angle is greater than frame roll angle, since the riders move their centre of gravity to the inside of the curve. In Supermoto File:Pilotsupermotard.jpg - Wikipedia and in tight corners
the frame roll angle is greater than the dynamic lean angle, since the riders usually "push" the motorcycles under them.

You can also see the difference in this video
where the right indicator at the bottom shows 'l' - the frame roll angle calculated by integrating rotation rate around the longitudinal axis and 'd' - the dynamic lean angle calculated from the speed an the rotational rate around the vertical axis. 'l' generally leads 'd' slightly - the motorcycle leans before the lean results in the motorcycle changing the direction.

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have been out on me bike a few times over the last few days as the weather has been so good in the
UK. 35c ! Since the tft update I am happy to say the bike feels completely different, more responsive to the throttle in all modes and feels as if it has a power boost somehow. Quickshifter is now incredibly smooth up and down the box. I am thrilled the update is not just the tft alone. I would say to anyone it's recommended and you will not be disappointed either with the tft display or the extra feel to the bike as well of course better connectivity.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Has anyone in the United States requested (or received) this TFT update from their dealer? If so, what was the response? All recipients thus far in this thread appear to be in the U.K., so am wondering if it’s even available/authorized here in the US.

·
Super Moderator
5,382 Posts
Interesting, @JanK . I'd not heard those terms used, and I don't know which is displayed.

Maybe someone with a 1250 could do some supermotard-like experiments to determine the solution to this conundrum ...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts