BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I haven't noticed any other difference besides the TFT changes. My quickshifter is still jerky from 1st to 2nd as it was before.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Picked up my bike yesterday and the dealer had done the software update for me. Sport screen installed on my exclusive. (y)Can't tell if it has made any difference to engine response or quickshifter as I had only had a test ride previously.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Has anyone in the United States requested (or received) this TFT update from their dealer? If so, what was the response? All recipients thus far in this thread appear to be in the U.K., so am wondering if it’s even available/authorized here in the US.
I am scheduled to go to the dealer this coming Thursday to try and get the new update.
I already have the sport display, I would just like my suspension display restored to it's proper function after being
ruined by the last update on the TFT at my 600 mile service.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am scheduled to go to the dealer this coming Thursday to try and get the new update.
I already have the sport display, I would just like my suspension display restored to it's proper function after being
Great — looking forward to hearing how the update request goes. (y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone had issues with the TFT connectivity to the phone book on iphone? I've checked settings to ensure access to contacts. Perhaps an update to latest firmware will help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yep, Cardo Packtalk Slim. Everything works fine for music and nav with Connected app - just can't access contacts to initiate a call. Perhaps its not the Motorrad comms system which I read is required for the for the scroll wheel volume to work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ah ok, what often works is this:
  1. delete ALL bluetooth pairings from your Cardo
  2. delete the bluetooth pairing to your Cardo in your iPhone settings
  3. delete phone connection on your bike
  4. delete Cardo connection on your bike
  5. pair your iphone to your bike
  6. pair your Cardo to your bike
your phone and your Cardo should not be paired to each other at all.

I have a Packtalk Bold and it works perfectly. The scroll wheel on the bike works too, but not sure about for volume? I use the volume contol on the Cardo itself.
It takes a while to load the Contacts after you've started riding.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Todd, curious to hear how it went with your U.S. dealer...:unsure:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ah ok, what often works is this:
  1. delete ALL bluetooth pairings from your Cardo
  2. delete the bluetooth pairing to your Cardo in your iPhone settings
  3. delete phone connection on your bike
  4. delete Cardo connection on your bike
  5. pair your iphone to your bike
  6. pair your Cardo to your bike
your phone and your Cardo should not be paired to each other at all.

I have a Packtalk Bold and it works perfectly. The scroll wheel on the bike works too, but not sure about for volume? I use the volume contol on the Cardo itself.
It takes a while to load the Contacts after you've started riding.
Thanks mate - somewhere between reconnecting the phone to bike and factory resetting the Cardo fixed it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Todd, curious to hear how it went with your U.S. dealer...:unsure:
I posted this in the tech forum by mistake.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Todd, sorry I can’t be of help/feedback on your display problem, but am not sure I follow what the issue is r.e. the video.

To revisit the earlier question, though, did the TFT update from the U.S. dealer install the Sport display with the lean angle?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I already have the sport display, my bike came with it.
The words "road" and "dynamic" in the TFT display is dimmed until the button is pushed again to change the setting.
Before the update it was consistently bright and much easier to see.
Is your display showing the words "road" and "dynamic" always bright when you are looking at it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ah, okay. Not sure how mine looks, but I‘m going for a ride later today, so I’ll be sure to pay special attention and report back.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hi, just to say the road and dynamic are grey on my r1250r until selected. Nit sure whst it was previous to the last update.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is your display showing the words "road" and "dynamic" always bright when you are looking at it?
I checked before today’s ride and, yes,
both were bright and didn’t dim at the selection of either.

Can’t say I’d be bothered, though, if the selected option was brighter than the deselected option.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
It's a minor inconvenience for sure but then again I paid $18,000 for a brand new bike.
It was fine until the first update.
In daylight I can't read the dimmed out display.
I'd like it fixed.
I am glad yours is working properly.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes, if it’s unreadable during the daylight, I can certainly understand why you’d want that addressed. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don’t suppose the addition of the sport screen with this update also activates the shift light for non-HP models?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don’t suppose the addition of the sport screen with this update also activates the shift light for non-HP models?
If you’re referring to the gear-shift / up-shift indicator light, I have it on my Exclusive model, and would suggest you should be thankful you don’t have it, as it’s so conservative as to be worse than useless. If one would follow its recommendations, you’d be constantly on the threshold of lugging the engine. I ignore it.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts