BMW R1200R Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you’re referring to the gear-shift / up-shift indicator light, I have it on my Exclusive model, and would suggest you should be thankful you don’t have it, as it’s so conservative as to be worse than useless. If one would follow its recommendations, you’d be constantly on the threshold of lugging the engine. I ignore it.
I think you're talking about the small blue arrow above the gear position indicator? I thought that was a recommendation for best fuel economy. But yes I agree, it wants me to shift into 6th gear at 50 km/hr which lugs the engine a bit. I've learnt to ignore it as well.

BMW shift lights are usually bright white and come on when you're thrashing it and getting close to redline.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think you're talking about the small blue arrow above the gear position indicator? I thought that was a recommendation for best fuel economy. But yes I agree, it wants me to shift into 6th gear at 50 km/hr which lugs the engine a bit. I've learnt to ignore it as well.

BMW shift lights are usually bright white and come on when you're thrashing it and getting close to redline.
Ah, okay. Yes, I was talking about the arrow above the gear position indicator, the one designed to prompt economical performance.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Just turn it off, its in one of the menus.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That’s the one - it’s an HP option and I can see the outline of it in the dash but it’s not activated for Exclusive. Would be nice if the firmware update that adds the sport display also adds this function

·
Registered
65 Posts
I didn't even know it was available on our bikes. I'd like it too, I found the shift lights on my S1000RR and Tuono really useful.

Edit: oh wow I do have it, must have come with the software patch. Pics incoming

·
Registered
1 Posts
any one can confirm if this update also added the engine brake torque control (ebc / msr)? this is actually now the only difference between the 2020 / 2021 version... well abs its supposed to be always on the 2021, can you still disconnect it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Integrated true GPS would certainly be nice...be nice, too, if that default GPS holder became a thing of the past.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Early on I mounted a RAM xMount on a mirror stem ball, and pitched the GPS plate. There is a cheap Amazon insert for the stock Nav plate that allows a phone to be mounted and charged by USB, but I use a non-max iPhone and landscape mode is not ideal. I got back from the dealer last week with the TFT software update on my 2019 R1250R and it indeed unlocked the sport mode dash along with fixing the ‘forgetting bluetooth’ connections. I posted a suggestion to the connected app folks. I would like to see a ‘skip/detour button’, a compass and a banner across the top with the next direction. The app seems to do a decent job of replacing what I need from a GPS. Having it on the dash is a nice next step tho.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Far to many new things on these BMW TFT screens, I am starting to regret not having my old Z750 anymore
The only thing I had to figure out was which was the daily trip and which was the manual trip odometer. Oh and I disabled hill start control. But yeah far too much info and far too many options. But leave it on the main screen and it is lovely - it is all I need.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts