BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Hi all finally got out on my new r1250 r for a run today and I noticed that with the sun behind me at about 11 o clock to my back my tft screen was mostly unreadable , I have fitted the speedo angels screen protector and my screen turned a faint shade of red ? On moving into a neutral light ( shadow etc ) or sun moving behind a cloud etc the screen returned to it amazing normal view - has anyone experienced this ? - wasn’t what I was expecting to see at all / we tour a lot so not good at all 🙁👎
Mine does that too with the sun straight on it. I doubt the TFT would be readable in full sun without the Speedo.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Don’t worry about it bud. I can’t be bothered trying to post stuff via a mobile phone, too fiddly fae me, I still use my PC for lots of stuff.

See AlbaVic’s photo of the BMW sport screen. I’ll post some snaps of my bike with the Puig screen.
Cheers Gareth , that would be helpful ,😀👍

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Mine does that too with the sun straight on it. I doubt the TFT would be readable in full sun without the Speedo.
I had watched countless you tube videos of various people testing bikes fitted with the tft and lot of them mentioned that even in bright sunlight the tft was still easily readable , possibly that was why I was taken aback at it not being lol

·
Registered
R1250R
432 Posts
Thanks Gareth , yes that looks fine , cost wise it’s cheaper than the bmw one as I don’t have the fitting bracket either 😃👍
You can buy the Puig with or without the fitting kit.

I bought mine with fitting kit from Pyramid Plastics, all in I think it was just a smig over a 100 quid. https://pyramid-plastics.co.uk/

I think it looks quite mean in solid black and it kinda mimics the shape of the headlamp.

But just bear in mind it might generate a lot of noise.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I had watched countless you tube videos of various people testing bikes fitted with the tft and lot of them mentioned that even in bright sunlight the tft was still easily readable , possibly that was why I was taken aback at it not being lol
What you call bright sun in the UK may not be the same as bright sun here in the high desert. But maybe I’m missing out. Perhaps I’ll remove the Speedo.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
What you call bright sun in the UK may not be the same as bright sun here in the high desert. But maybe I’m missing out. Perhaps I’ll remove the Speedo.
Ha ha no I don’t think your missing out at all , you get real sunshine , we get a sort of bright thing that appears on and off for a day or a morning or afternoon before it clouds over again

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
You can buy the Puig with or without the fitting kit.

I bought mine with fitting kit from Pyramid Plastics, all in I think it was just a smig over a 100 quid. https://pyramid-plastics.co.uk/

I think it looks quite mean in solid black and it kinda mimics the shape of the headlamp.

But just bear in mind it might generate a lot of noise.
Ok Gareth thanks for the info I’ll opt for the clear one I think 😃😃 see what happens

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
There is a brightness sensor on the TFT on the 2020 R1250R. I assume this adjusts the brightness of the screen. I don’t see any other provisions for adjusting it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
There is a brightness sensor on the TFT on the 2020 R1250R. I assume this adjusts the brightness of the screen. I don’t see any other provisions for adjusting it.
If there is an adjustment, it could go two ways...the threshold where it is bright/dim under ambient light (my Prius does this) or the amount of backlighting in either mode (what the older displays do).

See pages 93-94 of your manual. It seems to adjust the threshold of when it dims to night mode.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Hi all finally got out on my new r1250 r for a run today and I noticed that with the sun behind me at about 11 o clock to my back my tft screen was mostly unreadable , I have fitted the speedo angels screen protector and my screen turned a faint shade of red ? On moving into a neutral light ( shadow etc ) or sun moving behind a cloud etc the screen returned to it amazing normal view - has anyone experienced this ? - wasn’t what I was expecting to see at all / we tour a lot so not good at all 🙁👎
I took mine off and though it wasn’t the brightest sun, I’d have to agree that my plastic Speedo imparted a reddish tint with the sun behind me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I took mine off and though it wasn’t the brightest sun, I’d have to agree that my plastic Speedo imparted a reddish tint with the sun behind me.
Yes that’s it exactly , reddish hue combined with a weak / pale sun

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yes that’s it exactly , reddish hue combined with a weak / pale sun
Going out tomorrow for a run and if I notice it again - quite hard not to lol I’ll try and take a pic for fellow owners to evaluate

21 - 40 of 56 Posts