BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Surprisingly a lot of what he says makes sense. Most of the answers to why I ride a bike also apply to why I ride a Boxer.

·
Registered
487 Posts
As I commented, speed and power is not the end all and be all of a motorcycle. So, yeah their inline 4 is better, but would you enjoy the mountains more or want to take a long trip on one? I had a CBR1100XX that ran smooth as butter and was the fastest production bike until the Hayabusa took and kept the lead. I rarely could justify doing more than 120 on it. Crack the throttle fully loaded for touring and it would launch without hesitation. The RS is pretty much the same...maybe need to drop two gears instead of one.

It’s not all about speed and horsepower. Like they say in Star Trek, “Warp drive is fine for a straight line.” I’ve seen skilled riders outperform people on mountain roads with 250 cc Ninjas. It‘s about how you want to use the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Always said it's how you ride not what you ride. I'm forever being overtaken Power Rangers on pocket rockets only to be held up by them once we hit some bends. My pace is sedate nowadays, plenty of time to view the scenery and I think the character of the Boxer is perfect for that.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Note how he refers to the bike as an RT - 7'59" in.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Love the old bulbous boxer petrol tanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts