BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have the Evotech tail tidy on its way (along with many other crap), and while searching for the .pdf file of the owner's manual for my bike (found it), saw a picture of my bike there (from the side). The stock fender actually doesn't look bad from the side (ha ha), based on the position of the rear tire. But it doesn't look that good from other angles, so not regretting buying it (it was expensive at $200+. Ha ha)... BUT I'm debating if I should install it with the longer appendage included for the side cases. Don't want to cheapen the timeless elegance of the bike, with a 'hooligan' looking mod. Ha ha.

So which one did you guys use (short or long)? And if you used the short one, do you wish you have used the longer one? I'm trying to avoid making a mistake. Ha ha. Thank you.
JC

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the picture. And yes, it looks pretty good, although your license plate is much larger than the US ones. But the US plate will stick out about the same as the Akra, which I'm getting on Saturday (identical to yours), so it should look good as well.

Hopefully somebody can post a picture of the longer arm, to see how it looks :). Thanks again.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used the shorter one
Hey Matt, I also installed the short one, since the long one would look worse than stock IMO. However, I'm very disappointed at the fit. And there's nothing I can do about it to make it fit better, unfortunately. Can you please tell me if your taillight also sits as badly as mine? I attached 2 pics below. The OEM tail had the taillight perfectly aligned with the seat contour and surrounding trim. The Evotech is significantly more rearward than it needed to be (I can even see inside the cavity now), as well as significantly higher as well. And since the shape of the taillight is tapered towards the rear, the taillight is hitting the black plastic trim piece at the very end, and already damaged the plastic. With my tail-bag on, none of that is noticeable, but it still bothers me. Not sure if there's anything better out there, but at least I want to make sure my kit wasn't off for some reason. Is there any other tail tidy that it's built better than this one? I understand we can't expect perfect fit from aftermarket products, but at least I expect to be able to make it fit better myself. With this one, and on that issue, we just can't (no way to make it sit more forward, or lower); it's either take it, or leave it.

By the way, the front slider also didn't fit well, sitting over the curved (convex) axle nut on the left side, rather than over the fork, with both flat surfaces making full contact, like on the right side (also attached pics). At least the radiator grille, and swing-arm slider fit perfectly, like I expect of Evotech.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys, need a favor from somebody with a fully stock R1250R, please. Can you take a picture above and to the side of the rear seat/taillight, exactly like the first 2 I posted above, to see how the OEM taillight fits, compare to the Evotech tail tidy? I never scrutinized it, hence my plea for help. I bet it fits perfectly, but want to see it for myself first, to decide if I go back to stock, or keep this darn ill-fitting Evotech. Still waiting for a response from Motovation Accessories, but I bet if they even accept a return, they'd tack on a hefty restocking fee, even when it was due to a bad fit. We'll see. Thank you.
JC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts