BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
R1250 R, S1000 XR (is that a swear word here?!!) and a Ducati 998 FE (definitely a swear word!!!)
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally speaking, I am a big fan of the triple black specials that BMW does, but this is usually to signify the end of a model and I am not waiting for that to happen, so I am going to make my own version........here is the 'before' photo of the bits I have now sent away to come back with a satin black ceramic coating: -

I will upload the corresponding after shot when the parts are back and newly coated, but in the meantime you may be interested in the Cerakote Glacier Black product to be applied to the exhaust in this video link (if it works...)

I hope to be back soon with the results!

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,105 Posts
Triple black is the new black ...

Reactions: dbyker

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is the rough cost of ceramic coating an exhaust ? I was thinking of doing that to my can also. Just the slip on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
R1250 R, S1000 XR (is that a swear word here?!!) and a Ducati 998 FE (definitely a swear word!!!)
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the rough cost of ceramic coating an exhaust ? I was thinking of doing that to my can also. Just the slip on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will need to find an approved applicator where you live but my guess would be sub $100 - I have been quoted £120 stirling for the header system in the photo, which I think is great value!

·
Dave in NE TN
1,049 Posts
It looked good as new as till I sold the bike. - Michael
Sure was pretty, and a blast to ride I bet!

So is a Duc like a boat? The two happiest days in your life are the day you buy it and the day you sell it?? ;) ;)

Cheers, Dave (kidding of course, who doesn't love a Duc!)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you ceramic coat the hideous chrome OEM muffler and mounting bracket in black?
I am having the whole of the header system ceramic coated and the OEM muffler is made of the same material, so there should be no problem in having that done.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sure was pretty, and a blast to ride I bet!

So is a Duc like a boat? The two happiest days in your life are the day you buy it and the day you sell it?? ;) ;)

Cheers, Dave (kidding of course, who doesn't love a Duc!)
Actually the day I sold it was very sad for me.
Many miles and minimal issues, but arthritic wrists made continuing with it untenable.
The R seems an excellent choice so far for me to be able to continue the journey.

- Michael

·
Registered
2015 R12 R
22 Posts
Actually the day I sold it was very sad for me.
Many miles and minimal issues, but arthritic wrists made continuing with it untenable.
The R seems an excellent choice so far for me to be able to continue the journey.

- Michael
I bought my R1200R in part for that same reason...less wear and damage to arthritis in my hands. The clutch is light and the shift assist perfect for non clutch shift. Males me think that we could start a blog about extending riding years with the right bike selection, accessories and adaptive riding techniques for us graybeards. Me? Hit 70 last January.

Reactions: dbyker

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought my R1200R in part for that same reason...less wear and damage to arthritis in my hands. The clutch is light and the shift assist perfect for non clutch shift. Males me think that we could start a blog about extending riding years with the right bike selection, accessories and adaptive riding techniques for us graybeards. Me? Hit 70 last January.
Well I’m 4 months ahead of you then.
The low center of gravity is big for me as well. Being able to sit on and comfortably walk it around rather than having to push it helps immensely.
- Michael

·
Dave in NE TN
1,049 Posts
You riders in your 70's and even older are my heroes! I'm just a young whippersnapper in my early 60's, but you give me hope for a long bright riding future.

BrooklynR12, you are amazing riding around the New York City area at your age.

Ride on Brothers, shiny side up, stay healthy.

"You don't quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding!"
. . . Paul Mihalka, BMW "Million Mile Man"

"There are old pilots, and bold pilots, but no old bold pilots."
. . . Old Vietnam Huey pilot saying

Cheers, Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts