BMW R1200R Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
That looks amazing. I can't believe they haven't offered that as a factory option.

How did you remove the R logo from the tank panel? Also what are you using in place of the grab rails?
There was a Black Edition in 2016. But it was for the Italian Market only. It has factory pinstriping and it is for me the ultimate R1200R and a collectors item from the start. I wanted one so desperatly that I called some Italian BMW dealers but they were only allowed to sell it to Italian people. That was the reason why I bought the 2008 R1200R. But I still check the prices:
www.moto.it/moto-usate/bmw/r-1200-r/uRfQf9

·
Registered
R1250 R, S1000 XR (is that a swear word here?!!) and a Ducati 998 FE (definitely a swear word!!!)
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Bellissimo! - That's it for my Italian, hence I made my own - very nice pinstriping on the tank though......

·
Dave in NE TN
1,375 Posts
So PeteG, have you reached a verdict on the gold forks yet?

You did a really good job on your bike!

Cheers! Dave

·
Registered
R1250 R, S1000 XR (is that a swear word here?!!) and a Ducati 998 FE (definitely a swear word!!!)
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
So PeteG, have you reached a verdict on the gold forks yet?

You did a really good job on your bike!

Cheers! Dave
Hi Dave,

So the plan is that when the bike comes off the road at the end of this season, the remaining silver bits on the front end will get ceramic coated black. I will leave the forks gold and then take a view on them staying gold....I will post pictures when it eventually happens and take a poll on the 3F Words - final fork finish!!!

Regards, Pete.

·
Dave in NE TN
1,375 Posts
....I will post pictures when it eventually happens and take a poll on the 3F Words - final fork finish!!!

Hey PeteG,

Watch those 3F Words - this is a Family Friendly Forum!! :p

Cheers! Dave

·
Dave in NE TN
1,375 Posts
Circling back to this sweet thread . . .

Some flavor of Tail Tidy might help the look out just a bit.

Cheers! Dave
(Helping others spend their money since 1973)

·
Registered
2021 R1250R
11 Posts
Wowzers, this is an amazing transformation. Proper hardcore! Well done Pete! 👏 The blacked out headlight surround really transforms the front end!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Wowzers, this is an amazing transformation. Proper hardcore! Well done Pete! 👏 The blacked out headlight surround really transforms the front end!
Circling back to this sweet thread . . .

Some flavor of Tail Tidy might help the look out just a bit.

Cheers! Dave
(Helping others spend their money since 1973)
Hi Dave,

It has an Evotech tail tidy, but I spent time custom fitting it to omit the seat gap etc that others have commented about……
Comfort Fender Automotive exterior Synthetic rubber Automotive tire

In other news, winter is coming and so the front end is coming off to go to the ceramic coating shop…..keeping the gold forks for now and will decide about them next time!

I will post photos when it is done in the next couple of months hopefully.

Regards, Pete.

·
Dave in NE TN
1,375 Posts
Hi Dave,

It has an Evotech tail tidy, but I spent time custom fitting it to omit the seat gap etc that others have commented about……
My bad Pete, you've already done the Tail Tidy - just the obligatory license plate sticking out, not much you can do about that.

The whole rest of the bike being such a unified whole just makes that stick out a bit to my eye - nothing to be done but ride away from it as quickly as possible! ;)

Cheers! Dave

41 - 49 of 49 Posts