BMW R1200R Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
‘08 R12R, ‘12 GSA w/ DMC Exp. Sidecar
15 Posts
I use the foot peg to get on the bike. The pegs have a soft rubber footrest that just isn't designed for that kind of use. I want to replace them with something more durable, any thoughts? It seems a round unit may be the best choice.

Salty Mike
[/QUOTE
Mike, sorry to hijack your thread! Like you, I was looking for footpegs better suited to my style. I use the left peg to step on with my left foot and swing my right leg over. I hope my pics and comments help. I can recommend the Pivot Pegs, for sure.

Here’s a picture with the “Toppers” installed.
Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle

·
Mark – Moderator 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,898 Posts
Great solution for you. I have to say, though, they look very much like the pedals on my treadley when I was a 10 yo. 😄

Reactions: mikeS and dbyker

·
Super Moderator
3,117 Posts
LOL! The R may not get that much dirt duty, since there are hundreds of miles of awesome, twisty, mountain assfault out my front door.
However, we get out in the backcountry pretty regularly in the “beast” !
View attachment 112580
Whenever you get time, please post some more pix of your rig “beast”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘08 R12R, ‘12 GSA w/ DMC Exp. Sidecar
15 Posts
Sure thing mikeS. I’ll post a few pics of the beast and a little of the backstory this evening. Rather than clutter up this thread, and my being a rookie here on this forum, where would be a good place for me to do so? Other bikes?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I didn't know it at the time I ordered my through Max's, but Knight designs makes 2 peg lowering. Max ordered the rubber insert version but I also use the peg to mount the bike and I know the rubber is going to self destruct. They also make a more aggressive peg for that I wish I'd known about.

·
Super Moderator
3,117 Posts
I didn't know it at the time I ordered my through Max's, but Knight designs makes 2 peg lowering. Max ordered the rubber insert version but I also use the peg to mount the bike and I know the rubber is going to self destruct. They also make a more aggressive peg for that I wish I'd known about.
I have the Knights lowering pegs with rubber inserts. The do straighten out the knee position. Nice build quality although I do wish the pegs were a little bit wider.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Is there anyone else making peg lowering kits other than Knights?

·
Super Moderator
3,117 Posts
You could try the SW-Motech wider adjustable pegs. The Knight pegs lower 30mm and SW-Motech are 15mm but provide considerable adjustment. If I was in the market I’d probably go with these - wider platform, lower with adjustment.

·
Super Moderator
3,117 Posts
Reactions: Panzermann
21 - 33 of 33 Posts