TP Monitor System

Activation Car Tyre pressor monitor
made for SPX GM

Electronic device Gadget Technology Mobile phone Communication Device
See less See more
Reactions: 5
41 - 45 of 45 Posts
Hi @home4sale2
The 2032s are holding up fine. I get an occasional error with the sensors reading outside the permitted range (over 5.1 Bar) or a signal interference error (maybe related) but that’s unrelated to the battery.
I used a short patch wire to connect each battery terminal to the remnants of the original battery terminals, as fine a gauge as I could find in my scrap box.
I cut a cover from a plastic container (happened to be ‘custard yellow’, as you so keenly observed - maybe a butter box) then hot-glued it in place. RTV would be fine but would take longer to set. I wouldn’t expect it to move, though, while and after refitting the sensor, tyre and wheel, so it could be refitted prior to the RTV having set.
Thanks for your prompt response. The only time I have gotten sensors reading outside the permitted range (70PSI, probably around 5.1Bars) is with a failing battery (only in the last month or so). For the last six months or so, my rear tire reading would stop working after 70mph and then pop back up after slower speeds. The reading outside the permitted range could be a coincidence and you may be right.
Reactions: 1
Qq folks. Before I put my repaired sensors in, one of the sensors via the learning tool displays zero while the other (when done individually) throws a fault code and a zero. The fault code resolves to outside the pressure range (>70 PSI). I recall seeing this once on this sensor once while the sensor was in my previous tire and before changing the battery but it went away and I chalked it up to bad battery. I can understand the zero because it’s not pressurized. Could the sensor be faulty? Or will it resolve once in the tire? Anyone come across this? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve had an occasional ‘out of range’ error like yours (5.1 Bar) normally on the rear, but on one occasion the front. They self resolve before I get to do anything about it. I’ve also had comms interference errors on occasion, but again, they self resolve.
No guarantees what yours will do, though, @home4sale2.
Thanks!

My digging and scooping, mediocre soldering and Glue and RTV layers on top of liquid electrical tape, uggghhh! All wasted. I went ahead and re-ordered a new Amazon pair (should have kept the one I returned).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went ahead, took a chance and tried my repaired sensors and they both work like a charm. Good for another 3+ years I reckon. Thanks for your input.
41 - 45 of 45 Posts