BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2016 R1200R
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at pulling the trigger on a Bren Tune on my 2016 and came here hoping to see if there had been any discussion on velocity stacks. Looks like there hasn't been based on my searches. I'm looking at both Dynojet and BT's offerings. Bren's looks like it would provide better airflow characteristics but on a bike like this is really that huge of a difference to also justify the better part of a 50% increase in price? Has anyone ever seen any testing?

Bren Tuning
Personal protective equipment Auto part Fashion accessory Metal Slide sandal

Dynojet
Camera accessory Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Drinkware Waste container

· Registered
301 Posts
It looks like stacks slightly reduce the small torque dropoff starting at about 6500 RPM. Better to shift to get it back down into the fat part of the torque curve.

If you want to spend money to go faster buy stickier lower life sport bike tires, upgrade the shock, and take some track day classes. Or buy a faster bike :)

I have a Rapidbike auto tuner. It makes the R the most perfectly fueled bike I've ever ridden no matter the temperature or altitude.

· Registered
164 Posts
I have a Rapidbike auto tuner. It makes the R the most perfectly fueled bike I've ever ridden no matter the temperature or altitude.
my bike came with headers and a hot exhaust pipe, and the fueling was all over the place. I got a Rapid Bike module too, and man it's perfect. well worth the extra cost over a Power Commander 5.

· Premium Member
760 Posts
Read the web site but can someone explain how Rapidbike works? I thought the lamda sensor can only respond in the 14-15 A/F range. Is this bike always in closed loop? If not, how does Rapidbike deal with open loop as in hard acceleration?

· Registered
301 Posts
my bike came with headers and a hot exhaust pipe, and the fueling was all over the place. I got a Rapid Bike module too, and man it's perfect. well worth the extra cost over a Power Commander 5.
My used bike came with a now unobtanium full Remus system and a Rapidbike timing/EFI fixer. The battery had been dead for a while so the Rapidbike "forgot" the settings. When I test rode the bike it ran like a bike badly in need of a dyno tune - jerky off closed throttle, big fluffy hole in the mid range, backfiring and crackling on downshifts, etc. The dealer said to run a tank of gas through it and if it was still a problem they'd tune it gratis. I trust AF1 so off I went.

By the time I came home from the first ride it had tuned itself to perfection and has continued to be spot on at <40F, >100F, near sea level, at the top of Pike's Peak, loafing along sweeping beginner rides, and flogging it like it belonged to someone else at the Circuit of the Americas. Note that at COTA a full tank of gas lasted just over 80 miles.

· Registered
301 Posts
Read the web site but can someone explain how Rapidbike works? I thought the lamda sensor can only respond in the 14-15 A/F range. Is this bike always in closed loop? If not, how does Rapidbike deal with open loop as in hard acceleration?
I dunno - the web site is intentionally vague. The Rapidbike harness connects directly to a lot more places than a Dynojet. The Rapidbike also needs the correct "recipe" for the bike to be put into it.

· Registered
164 Posts
I dunno either, but my bike pulls hard at wide open throttle. my dyno read out had the fueling on a line that varied very little from the 14 a/f line with the rapid bike. the bike is incredibly smooth through the whole rpm range, but still gets a bit of engine vibration at rpm over 6,000. 52,000 miles plus, 92.5hp at the rear wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts