BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

temperatures are still rather chilly here in the Vienna Woods (somewhere in the low 40s today) but I simply couldn't wait any longer. I had to go and try out my new bike.

The classic is stock apart from the sport seat, for which I had traded the original comfort seat in at my dealer's, and black Wunderlich cylinder protectors. One of these really loud Nautilus horns is waiting to be installed on a warmer day. :001_rolleyes:

The sport seat totally changed the bike's character, it's much more agile now, and a lot more comfortable too. The sport seat makes a huge difference in my opinion! The comfort seat was simply too wide for me and it somehow made me feel like being an old man sitting on a sofa.

Greetings from Vienna

antoncarl

Attachments

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Beautiful bike! I finally took mine out for a short spin.. And it was in the 30s here.. But sunny for once and we are supposed to get snow again soon, so I had to take her out into the sunshine.

Nice to see someone from Vienna here :). That's where I am from :clap:

I live in the US now and only get to go home every few years for visits. Would love to ride the bike around Vienna.. Want to ride through the "wienerwald" area and to orth a d Donau and stop at my favorite restaurant on the way and then one day do a trip to Tirol :). One day I will ride an R1200R in Austria. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Good looking Classic! :goodjob:
Does the oem BMW sport screen give you wind protection at the autobahns?
And is there turbulance noise or is it as quiet as a stock bike?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good looking Classic! :goodjob:
Does the oem BMW sport screen give you wind protection at the autobahns?
And is there turbulance noise or is it as quiet as a stock bike?
The sport screen was on my 2010 when I bought it last fall; moderately useless is about what I found. I bought one of those hyper-expensive Wunderlich cafe-style fairings which I'll be installing soon. Probably not a lot more protection but at least it'll look better! :001_smile:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@atractaspis: As soon as "that one day" comes let's go for a ride together! And I'd love to find out about your favourite restaurant, too! Ufer Restaurant in Orth a.d. Donau? Marchfelderhof?

@Jokerdef: The bike came with the sport screen stock. I don't know about how it rides without. But it's my guess that the sport screen provides hardly any wind protection at all. I can ride 120 km/h or 75 mph for longer periods without too much pain in the arms or my back. Riding faster is a struggle because of too much wind pressure on my breast. I might take it off one of these days and see if it makes much difference. If not I'll ride without a screen. I think this bike looks best without any wind shield.

Greetings
antoncarl

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Marchfelderhof... :) it used to be in Orth when I still lived in Vienna, but they moved since.

"Karpfen auf Serbische Art" was my favorite. Was there two years ago last.

Now I'm hungry .. For the food there AND to go for a ride. We got 10" (25cm) of snow yesterday. Heard it is not that much better in Vienna. Hope it warms up there soon for you to enjoy your new baby :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics, they look great. Glad you got your bike out, even for a short ride. Is that the BMW sport seat?

We don't have snow anymore on our roads but the roads are all white with salt so my bike waits patiently for a few rains to wash it away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts