BMW R1200R Forum banner

Visor tearoffs?

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Svaha!Dean 
#1 ·
Does anyone use them or have any recommendations? Now the good weather has started I need to clean the visor at least once per ride. I don't want to go down the barn door windshield route. I have the BMW sport screen which I like, but it doesn't do much for keeping bugs off the helmet. I guess I could try it with no screen but I am not convinced that would be much different.

My thoughts turned to visor tearoffs. Anyone use them and if so which? I looked for something to fit Shoei (I have a Neotec II) but the only ones I could find were for single curvature racing helmets and the Neotec has a double curve. Any other solutions?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Does anyone use them or have any recommendations? Now the good weather has started I need to clean the visor at least once per ride. I don't want to go down the barn door windshield route. I have the BMW sport screen which I like, but it doesn't do much for keeping bugs off the helmet. I guess I could try it with no screen, but I am not convinced that would be much different.

My thoughts turned to visor tearoffs. Anyone use them and if so which? I looked for something to fit Shoei (I have a Neotec II), but the only ones I could find were for single curvature racing helmets, and the Neotec has a double curve. Any other solutions?

Thanks.

I can't help with locating a tear-offs for your Neotec. However, if you only need to keep your visor clean, then this is what I do that might work for you. I usually clean my helmet visor when required or stop for fuel. I have a Neotec and use MUTOL helmet & visor clearer. I have used this product for 5 years plus with on issues. I also use it to clean GoPro and Dashcam lense. I carry with me a small atomiser filled with the cleaner and a microfibre cloth. To clean my visor on the road, I keep my helmet on with screen down - spray & wipe it off.. Easy. You can pick up those small bottles from Specsavers for a few dollars. I keep the cloth and visor cleaner in my tank bag but will easily fit in your jacket. Apologies if I'm missing the point of your post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have a small visor spray with sponge and squegee which I carry in a pannier to use when I stop. I was hoping for a solution while riding. Would RainX allow the bugs to slither off maybe?

#4 ·
#8 · (Edited)
I'm gonna be honest, this thread makes my brain hurt.

That said. If having tear-offs is such an urgent matter, and bugs and muck such a problem that it can't wait to be addressed between stops, I suggest you invest in a helmet that accommodates tear-offs. No point in tryna make a square peg fit in a round hole. Or keep a bottle of the stuff suggested in previous posts in a spot where you can easily access it while riding and get some squeegee gloves or add a squeegee to your current gloves. Fresh bugs don't take much to remove. Squirt, wipe, gone.

God I feel dirty for responding in this thread. I'm gonna go take a shame bath.

https://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-veewipe-squeegee.html

#9 ·
I have squeegees on my gloves but I usually just end up with a complete mess if I try to scrape the bugs off while riding so leave them there until I stop. I thought someone might have a better solution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.