BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone cut a VStream down very low for summer/hot weather?

If yes, how short did you go and with what results?

JtL

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Has anyone cut a VStream down very low for summer/hot weather?

If yes, how short did you go and with what results?

JtL
The smallest VStream for the r1250r is 15”, near the bottom of the mirrors. If you want smaller you can cut it - carefully. Someone here cut down a taller VStream.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The smallest VStream for the r1250r is 15”, near the bottom of the mirrors. If you want smaller you can cut it - carefully. Someone here cut down a taller VStream.
Yes, I've cut down many screens - it's quite easy. I was curious as to how short anyone had cut one.

I was considering about tall enough to just shield the GPS, but not taller.

I have a tall VStream for winter and was thinking of cutting the shortest VStream way down, about similar to the MRA I cut down for summer.

I could just swap between the full VStream and the tiny MRA, but it would be easier to keep the (better) VStream bracketry in place.
That way, with both tall and ultra short version I could switch extremely easily - 4 bolts and 4 minutes and done.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I cut my Tour down to about the Sport height, and added a vent. Maybe a little lower than Sport...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cut my Tour down to about the Sport height, and added a vent. Maybe a little lower than Sport...

Ah, great! And how well does it work and at what speeds?

If you don't mind answering, how tall are you and are you using a stock seat?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm 5'10" with stock seat. It's noisier that naked, air flows through the vent to relieve the vacuum that creates biffetting, and the wind strikes at eye level. That said, this screen makes it hard to tell whether I'm going 50 or 90+ mph, so I'm quite happy with it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 5'10" with stock seat. It's noisier that naked, air flows through the vent to relieve the vacuum that creates biffetting, and the wind strikes at eye level. That said, this screen makes it hard to tell whether I'm going 50 or 90+ mph, so I'm quite happy with it.

Thanks - much appreciated.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Certainly minimal, but doesn't look like it started out as a VStream.

Points for effort, no points relating to the original question;)

Nicely purposeful-looking bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts