BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine has 13k miles and needs nothing (serviced at 12k)
Loaded with ESA, TPMS, heated grips
All 3 vario bags and negotiable on Aeroflow windshield and BMW low seat (have stock seat and windshield as well)
16 tooth front sprocket which woke this bike up (have stock 17t as well)
KC metro area

Would like same condition R with some mods, maybe trade straight across or cash my way depending on location, mods wanted etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
‘12 R1200R Classic | ‘15 R1200RT
115 Posts
I can’t help with your trade but I went from a ‘13 F800GT to a ‘12 R1200R. Absolutely no regrets.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can’t help with your trade but I went from a ‘13 F800GT to a ‘12 R1200R. Absolutely no regrets.
I have an RT as well, an 08. How would you compare your 15 plate to an 08, if you have an opinion.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Interesting that you ask. I owned a ‘08 RT and sold it after exactly three weeks. I couldn’t stand that bike. To me, it felt unnecessarily top heavy and I didn’t think the engine was very refined. My ‘15 is a revelation by comparison. It’s still a bit heavy but the weight seems to be better managed and the engine seems to be better suited for a bike like this. I’m very comfortable on the bike and really like it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hah, good to hear. I was thinking about a camhead RT as well but “when" I find my R camhead, I think I can be satisfied. I agree that the engine is less refined on the 08 RT but haven’t felt the top heaviness. Of course I came off a 2005 K1200LT nicknamed the Blue Whale Shark due its heft, what a beast!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Our paths are not dissimilar. I owned a ‘98 K1200RS when I bought the ‘08 RT. The K1200RS was one of my all-time favorite bikes and any comparison between it and the RT was doomed from the start. I put 134,000 trouble-free mikes on the K1200RS in 19 years of ownership and would still be enjoying it if I hadn’t “aged out” of its ergonomics. At 600+ lbs, it too began to feel a bit heavy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice to meet ya brother!
Those older K bikes were/are gooduns!
RideOn!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW, like your mini bike pic!
Had a few of those myself and my older brother still dabbles in them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts