BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2012 R1200R, K27, Light-grey Metallic
289 Posts
Are YOU okay?
Last year my friend suffered the same damage, on both wheels. He bumped a traffic island with about 70 kph at some chicane they like to throw everywhere where you enter a village. He literally went airborn, two wheels loose from the ground. But luckily he did not fall. He got his rims repaired though. He did not need to replace them.

Reactions: TDubz510 and dbyker

· Registered
2022 R1250RS his and hers
848 Posts
Have you checked with your insurance company?
A lot of times comprehensive will cover this without a change to your rates.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are YOU okay?
Last year my friend suffered the same damage, on both wheels. He bumped a traffic island with about 70 kph at some chicane they like to throw everywhere where you enter a village. He literally went airborn, two wheels loose from the ground. But luckily he did not fall. He got his rims repaired though. He did not need to replace them.
I'm all good! Didn't even lay it down. :cool:

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you check beemerboneyard?
I have looked there, and even sent a waitlist email..and did the same with just about every other website and shop that my local BMW shop have on their parts call sheet.. my model sits in the 2010-2014 era and turn out that the wheels for these are very very difficult to find at all, especially in good usable condition, and there aren't even any crummy ones available right now.. I'm going to go with brand new wheels from BMW Motorrad and hopefully get my BMW shop to ask for a sympathetic price..fingers crossed🤞 The pair are listed at $2600. Thank goodness I have full coverage and my insurance guys gave me a pretty decent check.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts