BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Just want it to do a little post commemorating the first one thousand members point, and counting.

1000+ people :mob::mob: already found the best bike in the world.:clap::clap:

·
Registered
800 Posts
We are officially a CULT! :closedeyes:

OTL mag had an article mentioning BMW sales figures for last year. The R1220GS is number 1, of course... and the R1200R? Doesn't even get mentioned in the list! :icon_scratch:

·
Registered
15 Posts
The R1200R is the bike all those GS riders REALLY wanted, they just haven't discovered the fact yet :). The GS is a great bike, a legendary ride, purposeful, strong and reliable - The Beemer boys in the Berlin factory have accomplished the same feats with the R, there is no doubt where my loyalty lies:clap:.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
1,000 Strong and Growing

The R1200R has evolved into a wonderful do-it-all machine. Capable of many different tasks, confident on various roads, and easy to service.
Sharing the joys of owning, riding, adding accessories and working on Rs is a bond we are fortunate to share.
This Forum community will certainly continue to grow and evolve, foster friendships & understanding, and add a forth and fifth dimension to the R experience we have each come to love.
I look forward to the water-cooled Rs, & to the next thousand members!

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
:clap:

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I look forward to the water-cooled Rs, & to the next thousand members!

Yep, I'm in the same boat Clem, but as Yonderbob mentioned, our bike is not even in their magazine, hope they do the change just like the last one, 1 1/2 years latter.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yep, I'm in the same boat Clem, but as Yonderbob mentioned, our bike is not even in their magazine, hope they do the change just like the last one, 1 1/2 years latter.
Water cooling was the one thing on my shopping list that I didn't get. Makes a difference here in 90/90 land summers. But I don't miss it. And I hope the rest of the world doesn't figure out what they are missing. There are bikes for the legions of people who like to go camping. Meanwhile, I feel "special" being a member of the R1200R cult... :001_cool:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
it is "liquid cooled by a special coolant," and that may be Bavarian Spring Wasser in a special anniversary collector's bottle with a spout that needs a special tool and can only be checked or replenished or renewed (every 12 months at extraordinary prices by a certified technician 100 miles away).

It may be a Be Careful What You Wish For.
Except for the fuel strip, what's not to like on the current batch of 12s? Newer is not always better.

John

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it is "liquid cooled by a special coolant," and that may be Bavarian Spring Wasser in a special anniversary collector's bottle with a spout that needs a special tool and can only be checked or replenished or renewed (every 12 months at extraordinary prices by a certified technician 100 miles away).

John

I will bet that you are right on that :iagree:

But it's more then the cooling what I want to see, specially the slipper clutch, all the suspension and riding modes and the LED lighting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts