BMW R1200R Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

Registered
If logged in, the New icon will appear. This has the same functionality as the old site with which you are completely familiar, @Lawrence of Suburbia.
What seems to be different is that there is a Filters drop-down. Hit that and you will see options as to what is displayed. Untick the default Unread discussions and you will see those you have read (like the old site) including that which you have just posted.

Now, which Pantone colour is that? 馃槈
Rambling Red, of unhappy memory!

Premium Member
wow! - mikeS! With all that going on at your desk it's very surprising that you manage to drag yourself away at times to faraway places for a quick snack! Or three... Thanks!
You could be right there, LOS. I run a Telco business, and an opportunity get away from my office for a ride & regional tidbit is a must for my sanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
R1200R-LC Exclusive, 06/2015, Thunder Grey
In the olden days, @mikeS, I would need to know how programs worked. Now apps and the like change almost daily, and there鈥檚 no instruction manual - apparently it鈥檚 intuitive (if your brain works the same as the designer鈥檚).

Like you, these days I鈥檓 happy if I can get something to work and if I think an app/program etc should be able to do something I can usually poke around and find it. The trick is to try to remain adaptable.

As a Moderator, it鈥檚 in my interests to know my way around the new R1200R Forum so I鈥檝e been patient with it and explored the functionality a fair bit. It鈥檚 now become as comfortable as my 鈥榦ld pair of slippers鈥 and even better in many ways. For example, we no longer need to resize pictures to fit constraints when on the web site version (rather than Tapatalk). In fact, it is far more phone friendly now, so Tapatalk will disappear from the apps on my iPhone as an unnecessary overhead. We also have a far greater and more familiar range of emoticons with which to taunt each other. 馃槡

Premium Member
100% @Panzermann - in the not too distant past apps weren't all that common, and forums were at best, very basic platforms. These days, I don't know anyone who would bother reading a software user manual, navigate as best you can, and whatever you can't figure out ask Google. There are some exceptions to the rule - Gamin Basecamp - ask Google, and you will get confused. Intuitive is not something Garmin's software designer had top-of-mind in the development phase. On the subject of the new website, I haven't tried posting images or video links as yet. The old site I found very clunky for posting pictures/video, but the rest was okay.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts