Reactions: Panzermann

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
Hello
just for the new season I finished the conversion to the J W SPEAKER 8790
adaptive curve light. It fits in the Wunderlich Trophy fairing as if it has
been made for it.
Awesome! Well done, it does look great fitted into the Wunderlich screen.
Does it emit good light ahead? And into the sides of the road when cornering?

·
Registered
45 Posts
White with black pin stripes, just imagined.

Hello

while back in the days a BMW was either black with white stripes or white with black stripes, I wondered how a white r1200r with the factory pin striping would look. Just playing round in Windows Paint so excuse the quality.
Greetings
Werner

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yes Mike, or something that does not require ground travel

View attachment 84970
What are the shocks for... "air ride"?

But seriously...

When will someone sell a Round Headlight Conversion for the 2015-18 R12's? One that will accommodate the Trophy fairing?

This seems like a winner for someone to build...but 4 years have passed, and still No Round Headlight conversion...

Pfft!

·
Registered
45 Posts
J W SPEAKER is out

I removed the J W SPEAKER 7" headlight with adaptive curve light because the normal light was so low. It was a rather expensive experience. For 1/15 of the price I bought a 7" headlight from China. If would have read the ebay ad, I would have noticed, that the glass is 5.75". I liked the 7" glass more so this is to be continued.
Greetings
Werner

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Grips, exhaust, bars, mirrors, Corbin

I just picked up my '07 R12R on Friday, but already have a bunch of goodies on the way. I've put on new grips, black straight(er) bars, and bar end mirrors. I had no idea installing JUST new grips by themselves would be such a task. Not realizing BMW intended the grips and heating elements to be replaced at the same time! Bleh, but I got it done.

Still waiting for exhaust to arrive from across the pond, which will be an under-belly exhaust, fully opening up the rear wheel (first one ever installed on an R12R), and an Indian Brown Corbin seat to match grips, with blue stitching to match the BMW logos.

If I remove my luggage racks in the rear, it leaves those gaping holes. I see in R12R pictures that they have plugs to cover it, but I can't find those plugs by themselves!

I will of course post pictures once everything is installed.

·
Super Moderator
5,527 Posts

If I remove my luggage racks in the rear, it leaves those gaping holes. I see in R12R pictures that they have plugs to cover it, but I can't find those plugs by themselves!

These (item 3)?

Attachments

Reactions: evphil88

·
Registered
33 Posts
some of the things I'd do to improve the R1200R appearance is find a way to black out the engine and exhaust pipes. After that I'd ditch the passenger grab rails and go for a fender eliminator in the rear to tidy up the tail. Then I'd probably get rid of the ugly mirrors and swap in a flat handlebar. Yeaaa...i think that would look pretty mean.
I think I'm heading in that direction currently heh:D bars are flat-ter, not quite flat. Bar end mirrors, and an under belly exhaust, custom seat and levers are enroute!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
3D gel tank pad/ protectors

A long, long time ago - as American warbler Don Maclean once sang - I saw some info here about a very tasty collection of gel tank-pad/ protectors for various bikes, from Italy, the ones mounted at the rear of the tank immediately in front of the seat and the rider's 'nads.

Cannot find anything on-line: does anybody have any info on that source? The items were a kind-of 3D style, long before 3D printing was even a glint in its father's eyes! >:)

Thanks in advance...

Reactions: mikeS

·
Super Moderator
5,527 Posts
That’s a great looking bike, @two wheels

What seems to be a few simple mods has transformed the look completely. The hardest would seem to be making the rails for the Sport cases (likely from the F800S/ST series) and attaching the mounting spigots.

I love the big fog light. Brill!

Essentially it’s a Telelever rNineT.

Reactions: two wheels

·
Registered
2017 R1200r LC sport.
1,582 Posts
That's a fine looking bike two wheels, what was it?

81 - 100 of 123 Posts