BMW R1200R Forum banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,527 Posts
That's a fine looking bike two wheels, what was it?
It would be an original model 1200 Roadster with (at least) aftermarket:
- tail tidy and plate hanger
- hugger
- seat
- pod filters
- exhaust
- handlebars (lower)
- grips
- crash bars
- retro fog light
- headlight and cowling/screen
- F800S/ST panniers and custom rails

Some trim has been painted black for a more integrated look, instruments are located more rearward and pillion pegs/brackets have been removed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Panzermann, you nailed, then you said "telelever r9t"! That was the whole idea! I like r9t, but don't want to give up front suspension! And yes, originally it was 2007 R1200R, but with some changes. Front fender custom made(donor Yamaha fender with some adjustment),headlight original (with HID), but windshield I made it from fiberglass (used original windshield for templet, but did some changes to it).Made some adjustments to windshield bracket. Relocated speedo. Handlebar is from F800, just cut about an inch on both ends to make it more narrow/comfortable for me. Handgrips made from seat cover leftovers. CRG arrow end bar mirrors. For foglight , I used foglight from 1932 or 1934 car... Gas tank use to have "hump",but I didn't liked ,so I cut top of the tank section and lowered (more like r9t) also eliminated "snorkel" on the right side of the tank, since I use pod filters. I took seat apart, cut/reshaped back section of pad to my liking and send it to upholster place to make new cover. Tail section made it completely from scratch... Couldn't find anything that would fit...Exhaust from R9t. Installed Wilbergs... The only upgrade to engine is Lennies Rocket Sprockets. Panniers from F800. Made my own brackets, which was actually pretty easy... Rear tire Michelin Pilot 4 190/55 R17 (wider). May forgetting something....

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you'd be so kind as to do a how to on those F800 bags, that'd be awesome! Looks great!

·
Super Moderator
5,527 Posts
If you’re interested in fitting F800 panniers to an LC, @MikeHSG, this page might be helpful.

Reactions: MikeHSG

·
Registered
8 Posts
A few years later, I found a R1200 classic gas tank for sale. I bought it and installed it, and added a classic style stripe to the fairing as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
A few more years passed and the mileage on the black bike was up to 47K. I traded it in at the dealer for this bike. I've striped this one as well. But it's pretty hard to tell at a glance. Granite grey stripes against metallic beige paint is subtle. I like it a lot though.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
One more photo, I stripped the old black bike down before trading it. I miss it sometimes, it never looked as good to me as this day, the day I traded it in.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone can make stripes like these, they are made from scraps of body wrap film that are available cheap on eBay. Just get the film, cut it up with scissors or a razor blade against a board, and apply to the bike. It can be done in an afternoon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here is a minimalist look on the model. Lovely exhaust and wheels. Not practical from a touring perspective, but I reckon it looks great. Nice and aggressive. Not my bike, built by a local SA based trials rider that does some stunting at Expo's.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,527 Posts
Here is another one that left me bewildered. But at least it seems well crafted.
It’s the ‘bobber’ look. Triumph has a model styled this way, as does the emerging R18. Both look more integrated than hexer’s custom example.

Reactions: hexer

·
Registered
2017 R1200r LC sport.
1,582 Posts
I think the bobber was Triumphs best selling bike last year.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Who has a go. I think we had this one before and for a swiss made bike is a snap.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts