BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up a 1/2 price deal on these two new Warren & Brown torque wrench beauties - 1/4 5 to 25Nm and 3/8 18 to 100Nm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
407 Posts
Having washed my bike in winter I was looking for a way to dry it so it didn't end up with frozen water everywhere. I looked at electric leaf blowers. I found one that uses Makita batteries, and I have a substantial investment in Makita cordless, but decided $50ish was more than I wanted to spend. Two days later Amazon notified me of a "deal" and I bought it for about $23.

I wouldn't want to try actual yard work with it, but it will blow water off paint and out of those little crevices it collects in.

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,105 Posts
I pick up a 1/2 price deal on these two new Warren & Brown torque wrench beauties - 1/4 5 to 25Nm and 3/8 18 to 100Nm.
Ooooh - tool envy. (I never thought I’d say that ... 😂)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Nice score on the torque wrenches!
I'd been mourning the slow death of my 20 year old Held riding gloves. The new ones are nothing like the ones made in the late 80s.
Then I put "Held Steve 8.5" in to ebay and copped these for 40 USD.... With the tags!

Last year, I won this Klim Badlands jacket, retails for 900 or so, for 475. It's like 10 lbs though, so I only wear it for longish road trip rides.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
The 3TB network attached drive I have for...ahem! "HD Linux isos"...is showing signs of failure. So I picked up a lightly used Synology DS216J NAS with a pair of 3TB drives for $300 on ebay with a last minute bid.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Last month we replaced our heated jacket liner with Generation Waterproof Warn N Safe liners.
With a discount code from the ADV forum my jacket was $143 shipped and Debbie's was $120.
If I had picked yellow It would have been $104.
Lee (2).jpg

Deb's waterproof Warm N Safe.jpg

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
407 Posts
View attachment 110346 Having washed my bike in winter I was looking for a way to dry it so it didn't end up with frozen water everywhere. I looked at electric leaf blowers. I found one that uses Makita batteries, and I have a substantial investment in Makita cordless, but decided $50ish was more than I wanted to spend. Two days later Amazon notified me of a "deal" and I bought it for about $23.

I wouldn't want to try actual yard work with it, but it will blow water off paint and out of those little crevices it collects in.
Update, used it extensively today. It was worth $23; however, if you're serious about blowing water off your bike, especially before it has a chance to freeze. You might want to consider springing for a genuine Makita blower.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I almost didn't want to post this, lest the guy I got it from asked for it back.

I did a job worth @ $200 for a guy and when I finished I noticed a one piece suit hanging on the wall.

I asked him about it, if he raced, etc. Just conversation.

He told me he had traded for it, it didn't fit him and he was looking to off it.

Then he offered me to try it on and it fit.

Straight trade for the job.

Helimot custom suit, full armor, not flamboyant and according to him a $2k original price. Did I mention it is still new?

Getting into and out of it requires technique and I am getting better at it. :) I took it on a ride and it runs very cool, so it will be used for hot summer days.

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just like a comfy pair of favourite jeans - fits you in five places.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Best bargain if all - bartenders on-house espresso martini. Bargain!

·
6,105 Posts
On the house? You must be a regular, @mikeS - especially if he knows your favourite drink. 😅

·
Dave in NE TN
1,049 Posts
Serendipitous find, five dollars American at a small Tennessee country gold/silver/pawn shop with a nice knowledgeable owner.

Read my stepmother's hardback as a teen, later read my own paperback then gave it away, now have my own hardback to read at my leisure a third time.

Cheers, Dave
Atlas Shrugged.jpg

Reactions: Pale Roadster

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On the house? You must be a regular, @mikeS - especially if he knows your favourite drink.
Well, PZ, when I travel this vast land (even on a business trip), I make a point of supporting regional travel & hospitality businesses, particularly those who can make a decent espresso martini.

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
407 Posts

Best bargain if all - bartenders on-house espresso martini. Bargain!

Must be strong drink, I can't even tell where the stem of the glass is supposed to be. . .

·
6,105 Posts
Reactions: mikeS

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It’s nice to receive freebies, but I always like to give back, so I purchased this nightcap last night. Nice feeling knowing I am doing my bit to support regional hospitality businesses.

Reactions: Panzermann

·
6,105 Posts
I have no idea what that is, Mike, but I hope the bar wasn’t four deep with beer drinkers waiting until the bartender finished concocting that creation. You’d be Mr Popular - not ...

Reactions: sturgeon and mikeS

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have no idea what that is, Mike, but I hope the bar wasn’t four deep with beer drinkers waiting until the bartender finished concocting that creation. You’d be Mr Popular - not ...
Panzer, that was an espresso martini with honeycomb dressing. I selected this little number in support of the honey industry doing it tough. Judging by the looks I got from my fellow patrons, I would say they were suitable impressed. Just like the other day out on the mighty CUB and parked my little machine in the middle of a group of Harley’s.

·
Registered
210 Posts
an espresso martini with honeycomb dressing
Glad you explained that - it looked like somebody's cat dropped a fur ball on top. Nigel!!!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts