BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Glad you explained that - it looked like somebody's cat dropped a fur ball on top. Nigel!!!

Are you talking to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Started looking a pair of Grip Buddies at a cost $25CND plus taxes and shipping. Not a sale any where. Then found these knock offs through Walmart.ca for only $10 free shiping!... so I bought two! lol

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
407 Posts
Sargent Seats has a discount code available now, don't know for how long though.

KICK2021

It took about 12% off a seat pod, it doesn't say what exact discount there is so it may vary on seat sets, racks or backrests.

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have no idea what that is, Mike, but I hope the bar wasn’t four deep with beer drinkers waiting until the bartender finished concocting that creation. You’d be Mr Popular - not ...
How about this little breakfast delight PZ I had in Port Macquarie last week.

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,105 Posts
How about this little breakfast delight PZ I had in Port Macquarie last week.
Looks disgusting that close up, Mike (like something Nigel regurgitated, topped off with something he brought inside after a night-time prowl). But I expect it was wholesome and much tastier than it looks.

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Looks disgusting that close up, Mike (like something Nigel regurgitated, topped off with something he brought inside after a night-time prowl). But I expect it was wholesome and much tastier than it looks.
I thought you would be impressed, PZ. caramelised banana, handcrafted bircher muesli, mixed seed/grains and much more - so good. I showed my almost carnivore son and he had a similar reaction to yours...

If the Aussie forum remembers planning a visit to Port Macquarie and this little gem to their coffee shop.

Given rain seems to be with us here in Sydney for the next week or so and looking for an inner-west relaxed coffee and breakfast stop. I recommend plunge46 cafe in the heart of Summer Hill village. I enjoyed breakfast with my wife & son yesterday - smashed avo & beetroot with a poached egg (firm please).

Reactions: Panzermann

·
6,105 Posts
... smashed avo & beetroot with a poached egg (firm please)
I was starting to think you’d soon be junking the Roadster for a hipster RnineT Option 719, but the firm egg reassured me, Mike.

Reactions: mikeS

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I was starting to think you’d soon be junking the Roadster for a hipster RnineT Option 719, but the firm egg reassured me, Mike.
No hipster plans just yet PZ although I did feel a slight twinge in my left hip while out on my stroll this morning. I couldn't part with LC and besides Nigel would not approve of its disposal as he's just starting to break the seat into his comfort zone.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Started looking a pair of Grip Buddies at a cost $25CND plus taxes and shipping. Not a sale any where. Then found these knock offs through Walmart.ca for only $10 free shiping!... so I bought two! lol

View attachment 110539
For US buyers.

Here's the Grip Puppy brand

·
6,105 Posts
Time to fit a new rear tyre before my forthcoming lap of Tasmania and this afternoon I stopped in at the local big motorcycle dealer in Canberra, Team Moto (formerly Canberra Motorcycle Centre). They sell tyres at RRP with free fitting, and normally knock of between 7.5 and 10% if I take the tyre out the door to fit myself. Win-win – they save workshop time and I save money.

When I asked for a non-fit discount today, the young attendant at the counter cheerfully offered 20% off ($60) – bargain!

Hermann and Huxley are well pleased, and enjoyed the opportunity to sniff the new rubber, giving it the paws-up (and wagging tails).

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Time to fit a new rear tyre before my forthcoming lap of Tasmania and this afternoon I stopped in at the local big motorcycle dealer in Canberra, Team Moto (formerly Canberra Motorcycle Centre). They sell tyres at RRP with free fitting, and normally knock of between 7.5 and 10% if I take the tyre out the door to fit myself. Win-win – they save workshop time and I save money.

When I asked for a non-fit discount today, the young attendant at the counter cheerfully offered 20% off ($60) – bargain!

Hermann and Huxley are well pleased, and enjoyed the opportunity to sniff the new rubber, giving it the paws-up (and wagging tails).

View attachment 110631

View attachment 110632
An infestation quick call a pest control company.

Reactions: Panzermann

·
6,105 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Local estate sale around the corner had some old tools, so I scored a few saws, a large clamp, and a brace (I had bits but no brace to use them with). A little cleaning and they'll make nice additions to my growing tool collection.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
6,105 Posts
While the iron was hot, I thought I’d strike again and this morning picked up a Road 5 for the front from my new-found friend, John, at Team Moto Canberra. This time it was A$35 off the A$210 RRP - not quite the 20% I got on the rear tyre, but still excellent.

By my calculations, the 2/3 worn tyre would have seen me through the forthcoming Tassie trip, but I felt it better to be safe than sorry and have to waste time on the road having a new tyre fitted, or nurse the bike home when I could be enjoying the corners. I’ll keep the old tyre and refit it in due course.

·
6,105 Posts
If you are heading oot on yer bike you really should be setting yourself up for the day with a proper breakfast;
No black pudding?

·
Registered
R1250R
545 Posts
No black pudding?
I don’t want to overboard Panzermann, and I’m just a wee fella. So, I skip the black pudding, lorne sausage, sliced haggis, hash browns and fried mushrooms. Plus, you know, gotta leave a bit of room for a lunch stop.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts