·
Registered
R1250R
545 Posts
Apparently, the Black Pudding is generally,

Pig blood, pork fat, and oatmeal.

You get white pudding too;

Which is just pork fat and oatmeal.

The most famous and usually considered to be the best is Charles Macleod’s Stornoway Black Pudding. The ingredients listed are;

Beef suet, vegetable fat, Oatmeal, Pork blood, onions, salt and spices.

Charles Macleod - Makers of Award Winning Stornoway Black Pudding

He delivers to anywhere in the UK, but sadly doesn’t export Mike.

And anybody in the UK who’s fed up with supermarket meat, I can recommend my local butcher who delivers right across the UK.

https://www.mccaskiebutcher.co.uk/

To be honest I think having a decent butcher is the only reason I still eat meat. Oh their smoked bacon is just outrageous.

·
Dave in NE TN
1,049 Posts
What, no Spam ???

Cheers, Dave (lovely Spam, wonderful Spam)

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
SPAM - basically the same ingredients as black pudding but instead of pigs blood - sawdust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Reactions: dbyker

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
You need to try the Kanuck equivalents - Klik or Kam. Twice as disgusting as Spam, if that’s even possible. Give me good old fried bologna any day, served on white bread slathered with margarine. Instantly takes me back to my childhood in the wilds of NW Ontario, fighting with my sister to see who got to mix the orange dot into the white margarine to make it look almost exactly like fake butter. Served with canned Carnation milk, mixed with water and a dash of cod-liver oil. Yum.

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
You need to try the Kanuck equivalents - Klik or Kam. Twice as disgusting as Spam, if that’s even possible. Give me good old fried bologna any day, served on white bread slathered with margarine. Instantly takes me back to my childhood in the wilds of NW Ontario, fighting with my sister to see who got to mix the orange dot into the white margarine to make it look almost exactly like fake butter. Served with canned Carnation milk, mixed with water and a dash of cod-liver oil. Yum.

THANK YOU!

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I think I'll stick with my disgusting breakfast option...

·
Registered
R1250R
545 Posts
What the **** is that Mike. Whatever it is, that can't be good for you man.
And where is your coffee?

·
Registered
R1250R
545 Posts
Here’s a breakfast favourite of mine.

Ande bhujia - Indian scrambled eggs. I love it.

That’s it just ready to be flipped over, chopped up and served on half a toasted buttered Glasgow roll.

Yum yum. Cannae wack it man.

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
What the **** is that Mike. Whatever it is, that can't be good for you man.
And where is your coffee?
Granola with poached pear and vanilla yoghurt. I take your point and next time it's black pudding & Spam all the way.

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Here’s a breakfast favourite of mine.

Ande bhujia - Indian scrambled eggs. I love it.

That’s it just ready to be flipped over, chopped up and served on half a toasted buttered Glasgow roll.

Yum yum. Cannae wack it man.

View attachment 110704
No black pudding @Gareth?

·
Registered
R1250R
545 Posts
Granola with poached pear and vanilla yoghurt. I take your point and next time it's black pudding & Spam all the way.
I’d skip the spam. Black pudding rolls are very popular over here, some like a doubler like adding bacon, fried egg, or potato scone.

·
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Dave in NE TN
1,049 Posts
This tragically morphed thread is doing wonders for my diet - as in virtually extinguishing my appetite!

This discussion reminds me - more like re-opens a long suppressed memory - of training with the British Army in Northern Germany around 1988. They graciously shared their field chow with us, and the meal I remember coming out the back of a Land Rover was an early morning breakfast with a beef-like vein-in mystery-meat smothered in tomato sauce. It wasn't awful or inedible, just not what we Yanks were particularly used to, particularly on an early morning half-awake empty stomach. Naturally, decorum and esprit obliged us to eat it appreciatively with smiley faces and yummy sounds so as not to create a gastronomic international incident. Down the hatch for Queen and Country Mates! Sorry no pics as they would have provided moral support and succor to the Boche!

“Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.” ...Mark Twain

Cheers, Dave (no, really, just how do you guys eat that stuff ?! ;) )

41 - 60 of 80 Posts