BMW R1200R Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

Registered
R1250R
That looks pretty decent filterfool (certainly when compared to all that weird **** Mike eats:eek:), but you are sharing that, right? Quite a few eggs in there. Looks filling.

Registered
I've gotta try that ande bhujia and shakshuka, they both look very tasty! Never knew they existed, thanks for sharing.
Starting to almost feel like we need a very tasty, 'tried and true' and highly recommended motorcyclin' recipes thread. Those two are very worthy candidates right there.

Mark 鈥 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive

Discussion Starter #67
my arteries are pulsating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Panzermann

Mark 鈥 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
my arteries are pulsating
That鈥檚 actually a good sign, Mike. When they don鈥檛, you鈥檙e in big trouble. 馃槄

Reactions: mikeS

Discussion Starter #69
With excitement, PZ.

I meant more like

Not like

Registered
R1250R
I've gotta try that ande bhujia and shakshuka, they both look very tasty! Never knew they existed, thanks for sharing.
Here we go Herdygerdy,

From Rick Stein's India by BBC books.

He seems to take his time frying the onion etc. I don't like to spend too much time cooking breakfast, so I knock it out in just over ten minutes.

Premium Member
That Shakshuka is for at least 4 people. I've gained SOME Coivd pounds but not that much. o_O

Registered
Thanks for the recipe Gareth and I gave it a whirl on Friday. It was AWESOME! Certainly had some get up & go, just what you need for brekky!
I didn't use Rick's recipe, but found this fellow on YT. He uses an Indian spice called Pav Bhaji Masala which added many layers of complexity. For two people, I used one onion, one tomato, 1x green chilli (with seeds) and 1 teaspoon each of red chilli powder, turmeric and pav bhaji masala (found in an Indian supermarket in Harris Park Sydney) and 4x beaten eggs.
And the pav spice was only AU$2.40 so I s'pose there's that link to the 'what bargain' title of this interesting slightly 'meandering' thread. And here's pics of the meal, it didn't last long though!
Ande Bhuji.jpg

So that's the Ande bhurji down, just the Shakshuka to go.... Thanks again Gareth, tasty job!

Registered
R1250R
Excellent herdygerdy.

I鈥檓 sticking with Rick Stein鈥檚 recipe, it is just so simple, quick and tastes great.

Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)
I got a $15.00 discount off a Giant Loop SPOT Gen 3 holster today. Fits perfectly on my kriega R15.

Reactions: Panzermann

Premium Member
I've scored a few bargains lately. The Ol' CPAP machine and mask is getting a bit old. Of course, since Resmed bought up all the local online stores and killed off any competition, it has been difficult getting parts that don't have the 200% Australia Tax attached. After a bit of internetting, I managed to get a $300 mask for $150 and a $50 side cover for $25. I also did a bit of shopping on AliExpress for stuff I need. So I have a cheap USB powered desk lamp that clips to my monitor and a WIFI enabled garage door opener ("Hey Google! Open the garage door"). Finally, the screw head on the TW200 carby clamp stripped out and the replacements are very hard to get, but a trip to the local Bunnings had an M4 screw of the right length that replaced the stripped one perfectly...plus I now have 9 spares!

Registered
2020 R1250R HP
I received two internet deals today. My All-Clad 5.5qt Dutch oven has proven cramped a couple times so I will enjoy it's new big brother

A Staub 9qt. (All-Clad doesn't make one this big, so stuck with cast iron) normally $434 USD, my final out of pocket was less than $160! Careful ordering from the UK saved me about $120 and the balance was from some gift cards won at work.

And more to our interest here I finally received my low range CDI torque wrench 5-75ft/lb 3/8 drive. Which seems to be a made for the R.

Same sort of situation as the Dutch oven out of pocket only about $80 USD with a NIST traceable cert and fully serviceable for eventual calibration.

Premium Member
A Staub 9qt.
Those Staub cast iron pots are things of beauty. I have some cheaper enamelled cast iron pots that get used for slow-cooking large-batch soups and stews. Not as nice to look at and will probably only last a 1/3rd of the Staubs (like 50 years compared to 150 ;) ).

61 - 80 of 80 Posts