BMW R1200R Forum banner

What colour would you choose

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could take delivery of a new R1200R today - what colour would you choose?

Straight Black
Classic Black with white tank stripe
Blue
Red
White
Other?

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
No question: Black, Yellow and lot's -o- carbon fiber and chrome.

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
AND definitely NOT: Invisablue, Desk Accessory Tan, Rotten Week-Old-Orange-Peel, Hit-Me Grey, or all those other colors that BMW thinks are so uber-vunderbar on their other models.

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
:funnypost:Knew drDave couldn't resist temptation for long.:clap:
Assume the 90th. Anniversary Edition falls under Straight Black.:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AND definitely NOT: Invisablue, Desk Accessory Tan, Rotten Week-Old-Orange-Peel, Hit-Me Grey, or all those other colors that BMW thinks are so uber-vunderbar on their other models.
Yes I have to agree!
its a wonder they don't put checked seat cover son as well!

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Yes I have to agree!
its a wonder they don't put checked seat cover son as well!
OMG, don't even suggest it; BMW will see it and the next seat will have little Hummel Figures printed on it. Somebody should lock BMW's Color and Design Group in a closet with their counterparts at Ducati until the wine and deodorant run out.:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
The first BMW I ever rode was an R60 back in 1970; it was black and I thought it was magnificent (still do).

Then, in Germany in 1973, I remember seeing a military courier wearing a black leather coat, black gauntlet gloves and tall black boots riding a wooded B-road on a highly glossy forest/olive green BMW; I thought that (entire picture) was magnificent too.

There's a black R1200R in my garage right now. It could be forest green, though. It might even be one day if I can ever afford the leather outfit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OMG, don't even suggest it; BMW will see it and the next seat will have little Hummel Figures printed on it. Somebody should lock BMW's Color and Design Group in a closet with their counterparts at Ducati until the wine and deodorant run out.:D
Good idea!

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Good idea!
I was rethinking that statement "until the wine and deodorant run out," slapped the side of my hand and realized: 'Italians and Germans! Deodorant? What was I thinking?!'

So let's just lock them in a room until the wine runs out. :D

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Well, Grey Guys; grey is kind of a battleshippy look; kind of tough. . .but negative Conspicuity to be sure. Hope you are going Hi Viz! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts