BMW R1200R Forum banner

1941 - 1960 of 1963 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fitted a Wunderlich high seat - for a 81cm inseam much more comfortable. Recommended.

The SW Motech Engage Evo tankbag needs a firm thump to ensure it connects securely. There’s also the annoying gap which spoils the outline, otherwise very good quality. Undecided.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Fitted a Wunderlich high seat - for a 81cm inseam much more comfortable. Recommended.

The SW Motech Engage Evo tankbag needs a firm thump to ensure it connects securely. There’s also the annoying gap which spoils the outline, otherwise very good quality. Undecided.

Nice looking ride and good quality tank bag. I’ve seen that model tank bag fitted with a little less gap better the bag and tank (I think), but I guess it’s a small trade-off for convenience - no annoying belts, loops, straps or Velcro to securely lock the unit in place. So easy and very secure. BTW - I'm thinking of getting the same tank bag for longer trips.

https://youtu.be/VJD_Ijc6HbA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
As part of the social distancing protocol here in Seattle I rode up to a local park overlooking the sound. It was a beautiful day.

As I was leaving I turned right out of the parking lot and notice my tire pressure warnings going crazy. I pulled over and sure ‘nough I had screw in my back tire. Thankfully, it was a slow leak, so I topped it off with air and rode home.

After dinner tonight I took off the wheel and will take it to a motorcycle repair shop recommended to me to see if they’ll patch it. It was still a great day to ride.

·
Super Moderator
R1200R-LC Exclusive, 06/2015, Thunder Grey
4,453 Posts
Tradesmen have a lot to answer for. I reckon unrestrained fasteners that spill out the back of their vehicles are responsible for 95% of tyre punctures.

No reason why a bike shop wouldn’t repair that one, Rev.

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
It’s perfectly acceptable @Gareth to set up a sleeping bag in the garage for a while to deal with the nightly separation panic attack. It worked for me.

·
Registered
R1250R
63 Posts
I’m itching to take it out on the road Mike, but it’s cold, damp and there is grit and salt everywhere.
I can wait.
Meanwhile getting a little frustrated with accessories. I think lots of suppliers are assuming what they made for the R1200R will fit the R1250R but maybe are not actually getting hold of a bike and doing a full check.
Mudsling screw had to be shortened as it bottomed out before nipping the washer.
Wunderlich frame bung set – two bungs did not fit.
Evotech radiator guard is being returned – it fits the radiator but is not compatible with the R1250R radiator pods.
Evotech swingarm protector and rear wheels bobbins fitted perfectly and are very nice.
SC Project exhaust has been designed for the R1250R and fits perfectly – disappointed that the baffle is no longer removeable.

·
Super Moderator
R1200R-LC Exclusive, 06/2015, Thunder Grey
4,453 Posts
@Gareth, you can get a bit more rumble from your exhaust at idle and up to 2500 rpm by disconnecting the exhaust flapper valve cables. It’s only there for noise regs. Be sure to fit a Servo Buddy or similar, though, otherwise you risk internal damage to the servo unit.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I fitted the Motech ION ONE version to my 2007 R. It sits a little higher than the Motech EVO.

I latches very easily & securely. I like not having any straps, pads, etc. to fool with and it is not in contact with the tank.

In addition, I can switch it between my R and my Ducati so I do not have to have two diffenent bags.

Very happy with it so far.

·
Registered
R1250R
63 Posts
@Gareth, you can get a bit more rumble from your exhaust at idle and up to 2500 rpm by disconnecting the exhaust flapper valve cables. It’s only there for noise regs. Be sure to fit a Servo Buddy or similar, though, otherwise you risk internal damage to the servo unit.

Cheers Panzermann. It’s got a bit of a bark on tick over as it is, it seems to quieten down a tad on opening the throttle a little. It’s louder than my FZS1000 at tick over. The FZS1000 has a straight through can but has the massive Yamaha EXUP valve which quietens it right down at low revs, but then it howls when you open her up.

Anyway, I’ll see how it goes with the flapper valve in place. Interestingly the Akrapovic state for their conical headers – “Featuring exhaust valve for improved rideability in lower rpm.”

Akrapovic conical stainless collectors R1250GS R1250GS Adv. R1250R, R1250RS

·
Registered
2020 R1250R
16 Posts
I removed my Nav cradle and fitted my Quad Lock with the new integrated charger. Thanks to Panzerman for the tech advice on removing the side panel I found with the search function. Now I will have Waze, Google Maps, be able to see who's calling and see who's texting. I'll be able to answer if I choose to, hands free, using Siri and my Sena 20S Evo

Google Maps is too bright to see!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I removed my Nav cradle and fitted my Quad Lock with the new integrated charger. Thanks to Panzerman for the tech advice on removing the side panel I found with the search function. Now I will have Waze, Google Maps, be able to see who's calling and see who's texting. I'll be able to answer if I choose to, hands free, using Siri and my Sena 20S Evo View attachment 107105
Google Maps is too bright to see!
View attachment 107106
I’m going to remove the NAV cradle and install risers. How do you disconnect the wire to the cradle? Does the cradle open? How?

·
Registered
2020 R1250R
16 Posts
I did not open the cradle to disconnect the wire in order to remove the cradle.
I unplugged the wire coming from the cradle at the other end, going into a plug under the right side tank panel.
I was going to use that plug for a 12 volt source and bought a BMW plug to splice into the Quad Lock charger but decided to just tape that plug up to waterproof it and use the Quad Lock 12v wire to the battery connection.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did not open the cradle to disconnect the wire in order to remove the cradle.
I unplugged the wire coming from the cradle at the other end, going into a plug under the right side tank panel.
I was going to use that plug for a 12 volt source and bought a BMW plug to splice into the Quad Lock charger but decided to just tape that plug up to waterproof it and use the Quad Lock 12v wire to the battery connection.
Thanks!

P.S. Does the cradle open?

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm thinking about taking some time off of riding till our medical crisis calms down.
I had been out strafing my favorite roads, thinking how wonderful it is having virtually no traffic....but then it occurred to me that in the Unlikely Event that I might need to visit the ER (only done that one time in regards to a moto)...

...it would mean:
1. I would be taking up valuable police, EMT, nurse, doctor etc attention.
2. I might be Exposing Them if I have Covid19.
3. They might Expose Me due to the shortage of masks and protective equip.
4. They would have to use up gloves, masks etc. that are in short supply.
5. It might be incredibly embarrassing to crash in the middle of a pandemic.

This is a difficult thing to consider.

1941 - 1960 of 1963 Posts