BMW R1200R Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

Registered
Longest one day ride, 1062 miles from Roseville California, to Antioch California to Albuquerque NM, last may on my Triumph Rocket3, one of the most relaxing rides of my life, i will do it again some day:)

Premium Member
521 miles from Salem, VA to Birmingham, AL through rain and 50 deg F temperatures. In 10 hours, half of it in the dark of night

I never, ever, want to do that again; EVER. 馃槱

Registered
From a 2006 cross-country trip...Laramie, WY to Nashville, IL...1,002.4 miles.

I was on the homeward stretch of 1,500 miles. Wasted time in St. Louis try to get a good photo of the Gateway Arch. So, I could have gone even further. However, this is distance, which is easy(ier) when on interstate highways.

From that same trip, I鈥檇 say my 鈥渓ongest day鈥 was from San Francisco to Ash Fork, AZ. That was just 899 miles, BUT....

• I got lost at night in San Francisco and stopped much later after stopping for food and deciding to stay at the hotel next door (before I had a GPS).
  • I had an exhausting prior day from Portland, OR to San Francisco, CA via the Pacific Coast Highway...cold and windy with an average speed of around 35 mph...with a fully loaded (and then some) CBR1100XX.
  • I went to tour the Angeles Crest Highway only to find it closed at one end. So, I had to double back to continue on to Las Vegas.
  • After getting dinner in Las Vegas, I foolishly tried to continue on...expecting to find a motel after Hoover Dam in Arizona. Again, no GPS, so I was navigating at night by map. Missed my turn and was going down the wrong highway. Once I figured out my error, I diverted onto a farming road that would reconnect me with my planned route and decided to just pull over, put the bike on the center stand, and take a nap in the saddle using my tank bag as a pillow.

Registered
I鈥檝e been riding since December 31, 2019 and had my longest day riding on Friday (319 miles). It was a beautiful day in the Pacific Northwest. I have a childhood friend who lives in Portland OR, he owns a 2008 Harley Fat Bob. We met halfway between Portland and Seattle and then rode as far as we could down the Spirit Lake Highway to Mount St Helens. The roads were clear, the sky was blue, and the mountain was majestic. I couldn鈥檛 have asked for a better day.

The ONLY downside was my sore butt when I got home. This was my longest day out on the bike, and I was feeling it. I literally need to toughen my butt up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 44 of 44 Posts