BMW R1200R Forum banner

2101 - 2120 of 2126 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,527 Posts
And let's give the flick to - Where did You go on your Roadster today?
That wasn’t the question, Mike, but it’s not such a bad idea. I have now moved it to the Rider Report sub-forum, where I think it belongs.

Are you saying the ‘where did you go’ stuff be individual threads in the Rider Report sub-forum?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sometimes it's nice to rattle off a little minor tweak done, just to make conversation. For the nuggets of gold and highly technical bits, those could be moved to either an individual thread (tech stuff), or have a mod-controlled "nuggets of wisdom" thread where they could be quoted. Sort of a "best of the best technical ideas" thread.

and...
My blinker fluid is OK, just checked. I think the muffler bearings might be going, though.

·
2,685 Posts
That wasn’t the question, Mike, but it’s not such a bad idea. I have now moved it to the Rider Report sub-forum, where I think it belongs.

Are you saying the ‘where did you go’ stuff be individual threads in the Rider Report sub-forum?
Yeah, I am saying put it in the rider report sub-forum. Although moving it might get a catty reaction from some of the feral off-topic offenders here. I'm with you PZ, move it asap so the thread doesn't stray too far off-topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Super Moderator
5,527 Posts
so the thread doesn't stray too far off-topic.
Don’t bring stray cats into this again, Mike - we’ve all had enough of Nigel ...

Reactions: r0ckrat and mikeS

·
Registered
169 Posts
I asked my local BMW dealer how much it would be to add an Akrapovic exhaust on my few-months-old R1250R, and was quoted $4000.:oops:

I was told it’s not just the muffler and heat shield anymore, but a plug-and-play one piece with all new headers, etc. Sounds odd..maybe I’ll ask again the next time I go in and see if I get a different answer. Maybe it has to do with the new Euro emissions issue...?

Needless to say, at $4K I won’t be doing that upgrade anytime soon.

·
Super Moderator
5,527 Posts
Sometimes it's nice to rattle off a little minor tweak done, just to make conversation. For the nuggets of gold and highly technical bits, those could be moved to either an individual thread (tech stuff), or have a mod-controlled "nuggets of wisdom" thread where they could be quoted. Sort of a "best of the best technical ideas" thread.
and...
My blinker fluid is OK, just checked. I think the muffler bearings might be going, though.
That would be the ideal solution, r0ckrat. Unfortunately I think the horse has bolted, and it would require more time/attention than I and other Moderators would likely have to devote to the task of moving posts and threads. The F800 Riders Forum has a Hall of Wisdom (which newbies invariably don't check before asking questions ...) that has logical categories for authoritative threads. Members can post there (with Moderator option to move out) or recommend to Moderators a great post/thread for moving there. You volunteering?

I do take the point that it's nice to have a thread for I did this or that or idle chatter for a bit of self or peer congratulation or whatever to help build community. Beats cat posts.

On your muffler issue, I can recommend this product:

Reactions: r0ckrat

·
2,685 Posts
A cold and windy today so I thought I’d give a ride a miss and give LC a Minor wash that turned out to be a free for all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Not quite today, but my panniers and top box finally arrived. About 7-8 week wait for these, I think it was worth it. The top box is already seeing commuting duties and I did a 400km run last Sunday with the panniers.

Next on the list is a low seat and i'm going to remove the sports screen entirely, so waiting on these parts to come from Germany. The sports screen doesn't create any buffering for me, but it seems to add noise, plus I can't stand the reflection on the screen when using high beam! So am going screen less from here on. I might consider a touring screen down the track, but will wait for a couple more after market ones to appear before deciding.

I painted the inside of my sports screen black and it looks really cool.. Try it you might like it. very easy

·
Registered
169 Posts
Seems minor being that it was tool free. I installed my just arrived sargent saddle taller then tall. 1"+ on the BMW tall saddle. And finally ergos seem perfect.
That red welt looks nice with the color scheme of the Sport model. I had a Sargent on my previous bike -- FJR1300 -- and it was nice, firmer than I'd generally prefer but still comfortable.

·
2,685 Posts
I knocked up a prototype bracket to help with some of the GoPro hero 7 vibrations. I have a GoPro mount on my left had side on top of the microflooter fog light. This is one of my favourite footage aspects, but there's a fair bit of flex. Although I have hyper-smooth enabled, there's still a fair amount vibration on the footage. If this mount works, I'll fabricate one that is less noticeable and probably about of press metal.

Here's some footage from last weekend without the new bracket. While it's okay, there still is some vibration.

Reactions: MGL

·
2,685 Posts
I changed the title and added a couple of video notes. I'm looking for some feedback from GoPro users. I like the location/perspective - what do you think about the amount of vibration artifacts? On smoothish roads, it's just ok, but bumpy/pothole routes it might be a bit much—interested in comments.

·
Registered
295 Posts
MikeS, camera location & aspect is excellent. Vibration not too bad at all IMHO, but like you, if you're going to the trouble of mounting the GoPro, then I'd definitely be wanting to get it as stable as possible. Could rubber mounting the camera or the attachment points of your more robust bracket give further improvements?

·
2,685 Posts
I agree with you; it's not too bad. However, I'll test the new supporting arm set up over some choppy/pothole roads and compare the footage. Of course, the other way to look at the footage quality is it more realistic than having a cinematic silky smooth footage.

I like the position also for practical reasons as I can easily reach down and press the record (quick capture feature) without having to bother with a GoPro Smart remote or the new Bluetooth version that's a pain to keep in sync between the camera & remote during a day ride. Here's some pix if the mount.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I installed this carbon fiber trim that showed up today. I like it, but forgot I purchased it, stay off the internet after drinking bourbon all night. Going to have buy those fenders to match that I have wanting now, darn. Cheers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm looking for some feedback from GoPro users. I like the location/perspective - what do you think about the amount of vibration artifacts?—interested in comments.

Looks pretty smooth to me and I like the perspective. I have a Session 5 that I’ve only used on my helmet (chin mount) which helps with damping vibrations. Chest mount is another option.

·
2,685 Posts
Looks pretty smooth to me and I like the perspective. I have a Session 5 that I’ve only used on my helmet (chin mount) which helps with damping vibrations. Chest mount is another option.

Thanks. I like the GoPro session 5 for my helmet mount, so I'm with you on that one. Session 5’s are discontinued, I have a couple on hand and buy them cheap when they come on eBay. Although I have more GoPro products than I care to admit, these days for most of my touring I've standardised on Session 5, Hero 7 and a mini tripod. I used to carry with me a Smart remote & Bluetooth remote, but I've given up on those as Syncing and battery drain is just too much hassle. Quick capture (one press record) is just so easy as I can easily reach the on-bike hero7 & Session helmet.

Session 5 helmet mount shot:

The Hero 7 stays mount if the time on the mount with a rubberised lens protector cap.

2101 - 2120 of 2126 Posts