BMW R1200R Forum banner

2121 - 2126 of 2126 Posts

·
2,685 Posts
An extreme test for the revised GoPro mount modification. This low-resolution YouTube clip doesn’t do justice to how rough and chopped up the condition of Barrington Top Road. The route plan was to ride from the base of Gloucester to Scone (118k) the long way around via Barrington Tops national park. I got halfway up the tightly packed gravel road tuned into GS country. I start to worry that if I keep going I could’ve bent a rim or ripped a tyre. There’s no mobile receptions, but I did have with me my trusty Garmin InReach with me, but I was prepared to take a punt on being stranded overnight. The upside was I got an unexpected opportunity to test out my GoPro Mount modification under extreme conditions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Registered
189 Posts
Started cutting down the Vstream tour shield today.

Took about 6 inches off he top, and added a CalSci style vent so far, need to shorten it a little further.

No pics of the vent yet, will be doing some more work on it tomorrow. Right now the wind hits at the top of the face shield, and I'd like it to hit below the chin/neck...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Washed off 2020's accumulation of bug guts and assorted virii, filled the tank, and added some StarTron stabilizer to the tank. It's probably had its last ride until next year. The Scrambler is still ready to roll.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Fitted a Machine Art Moto Mudsling kindly given to me by a friend that was surplus to his requirements. A five-minute easy job to fit, especially as I already had the rear wheel out getting a puncture fixed, having picked up a nail the very first time I had ridden it in 12 months, and only then riding directly to & from the bike shop to get a Blue Slip rego' inspection. Then cleaned & detailed it to within an inch of its life and finished with my first time use of ACF50, very impressed with that stuff. Now ready & rearing to go to get many more miles of smiles. Hope the attraction for nails on this tyre fades very soon tho'...

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Cut another 1-1/2 inches off the top, total of about 7 inches shorter than stock now, and cleaned up the vent some. Managed to scratch it in the process. Sigh. But I think it's something I can live with for touring and with ear plugs. Makes a lot more noise than full naked, but does make freeway miles easier.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2121 - 2126 of 2126 Posts