BMW R1200R Forum banner

2161 - 2180 of 2188 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Surely a typo? In Australia, the equivalent A$200 would buy you a fitted front Road 5, no more. A$500 if you want both front and rear.
Already had the tires..took tires and wheels in my Chevy SS Sedan ( That’s a Holden, mate ) to the shop and paid the shop $153 to mount, balance and recycle the old tires.

In comparison, I had four tires (brought in) mounted, balanced, etc on the Holden for $90.

Edit: The new tires ARE GREAT!....or maybe the set with 13,000 miles on them sucked?
Ties cost me $390 for the pair - $30 rebate + $153 Install so $483 USD to get back riding.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Nice seat Filterfool. Did you add the heating element yourself or had it done?
Home4sale; Thanks. I ordered a kit off ebay that had the heating insert, the switch and the wiring harness.

I took the seat and the hearting insert to an upholster. He took off the old cover, glued the insert to the seat foam and then recovered the seat.

I tried it out this weekend and it works great. It really keeps you warm along with the heated grips. I am very happy with the results.

Stay safe & well.

Reactions: home4sale2

·
Registered
2016 BMW R1200R
73 Posts
I put some sweet TechSpec snake skin pads on her. Look and feel great!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Purchased on EBay a GS belly shield complete with hardware kit in like new conditions and installed it on my 2018 with 20000 miles on it.
Definitely will not install a K&N filter on her(OEM is fine).

·
Registered
353 Posts
On weekend, installed a pair of Knight Design lowered footrests, rec'd as a Chrissy present from GLW - I wonder how she knew? (great service and fast delivery from KD btw, even in these strange Covidian times)

Fairly quick 'n easy job, but took my time and carefully cleaned and lubed up all weight-bearing surfaces on the mounting brackets & pivot pins. Easy adjustment of both gear shift & brake pedal height, although the brake pedal is at its max lowest position now, hopefully it will suffice.

Not yet ridden with them but a test sit in the shed revealed the angle of my (short) legs are now at about 90 degrees, much better, so should be even more comfortable than before. But then again, there's always confirmation bias...

·
2,866 Posts
I fitted a set on my ‘17 LC and very happy with the product and support. I was tempted to get the all-metal version, but with 60000klm, I'm happy I went with the rubber tops. Good choice, HG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: herdygerdy

·
Registered
2016 BMW R1200R
73 Posts
Bought her a nice Givi ST607 Sport-T 22L Tail Bag for Christmas. (I know, Im nice like that). For the days of riding without my side case's. Fits perfectly on the stock rack. When requested, and by requested I mean told by my wife, to pick up a gallon of milk, it fits with room to spare. The zipper pulls even have red trim to match the red frame on my bike.😇

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
After I put the TDub back together, I changed the engine, gearbox and rear drive fluids on the R. Only smashed my fingers undoing a torqued up part once :) Came in for a drinks break after draining the gearbox (and getting a bit of old fluid on me) and Lawrence accused me of farting due to the stench I was emitting. Tried to get him in the garage to hand me tools, but he was halfway through a Lego creation.

Reactions: mikeS and r0ckrat

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
5,970 Posts
Lawrence accused me of farting due to the stench I was emitting
Yeah - I try to blame the sulphur in the transmission oils I'm handling, too ... 👃

·
Registered
2016 BMW R1200R
73 Posts
I think the CDC and the WHO should add that to their guidelines.👍

·
Registered
2016 BMW R1200R
73 Posts
Well, I installed the Skene P3 with Decelerometer and enhanced LED's. Tapped the brake light and powered through my Rowe PDM. Extremely bright. Look's very clean. Dont know how the decelerometer is functioning yet, have to get someone to follow me to see if I need to tweak it. No Canbus issues. I was a little concerned about the brake light tap. I have to say I love it!
Cyclops Adventure Sports has a new plug n play system that works with the R1200R now. The Hex Ez can Gen 2. I plan on getting that and a set of LED auxiliary lights from them. They tell me no tapping into anything, true plug n play. It will work with stock high beam switch and some functions via the wonder wheel. I just need to decide on my mounts. Stay safe!

·
Registered
2016 BMW R1200R
73 Posts
Oh, and BTW, their customer service is fantastic.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Thanks to the pandemic and not being able to get the new Xbox or PS5, I sprung for some unnecessary bling....

How it looks in action.

Reactions: MGL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Front brakes were really grabby and abrupt. Installed EBC pads but unfortunately they didn't make much difference. Pad replacement was easy though.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yesterday I put a new Road5 on the rear rim. I have a friend with an auto shop who bought my previous bike, and he let me use his equipment to do it myself.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
318 Posts
I asked Ilmberger if there was anyway to get a longer front fender for my R1250R. Their's looks pretty, but is identical to the useless stock one. I got a rapid answer advising me the S1000XR extended fender would fit, possible minor grinding of the mounting holes required. So I have ordered one, will update when I have tried mounting it. No word on my rear hugger I ordered in July yet though, and I asked about that in the same email??

The picture looks like it is about 6" longer maybe, so about like a stock fender with an extender attached. That is what I'm hoping for anyway.

2161 - 2180 of 2188 Posts