BMW R1200R Forum banner
2201 - 2220 of 2253 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,036 Posts
Starting to trip-prep my LC and gear as I plan to do Great Ocean Road via Geelong in the next few weeks.

Here’s a image I took on my last trip ... magic!

Also, the CUB as I'm heading off for three days this coming week and hoping to do some of the OXLEY H’Way & Thunderbolts Way.

I'm not certain how far I'll get due to all the flood-damage and road closures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,507 Posts
Sounds great, @JP_in_SD. What was the damage, as we’d say in Oz (how much did the upgrade cost) and were they separately priced?

·
6,507 Posts
I'm not certain how far I'll get due to all the flood-damage and road closures.
Don’t drop into a pothole, Mike - the Cub may never make it out! 😬

Reactions: mikeS

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sounds great, @JP_in_SD. What was the damage, as we’d say in Oz (how much did the upgrade cost) and were they separately priced?
Ok, so I just grabbed the paperwork to see what the breakdown was. Here it is:
For the activation codes, it was $325 for ABS Pro; $230 for Hill Start Assist. Then for the labor to do software update and enable the codes, they charged $109 for both, plus $47 for the diag hookup (which they were nice enough to waive). Another $44 in tax and $4 environmental fee brought the total damage to $712 out the door for both features.

Also worth noting, I was able to confirm for myself that the new codes now show up in the Extras list through the GS-911 tool. And the hill-start feature does indeed show up on the dash when activated, directly above the gear indicator (the gear indicator temporarily becomes slightly smaller to fit the new icon above it).

·
6,507 Posts
and $4 environmental fee
I love how the environmental fee is thrown in as a matter of course (likely programmed into the billing software) when no petroleum products were used or disposed of. 😁

·
Super Moderator
3,036 Posts
My SW Motech air cushion just arrived and very happy with the sizing and fit. I will need to do some air adjustment on my trip to get the comfort level right but seems to be just the ticket.

Reactions: Pale Roadster

·
6,507 Posts
Nice thread hijack, @mikeS 😄

Reactions: mikeS

·
Super Moderator
3,036 Posts
Oops.. wrong thread - sorry

·
Super Moderator
3,036 Posts
Looks that way @daaef - the midcoast looks dodgy. I'll still head off via the Putty -Thunderbolts - Walcha with an overnight stop at Tamworth. The weather looks good tho’ and will decide the day's route in the morning.

·
Super Moderator
3,036 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
About the washing. What about the TFT? Can you get it wet? Likewise, can you spray the whole bike down? The switches and keyless start button?

·
Registered
51 Posts
About the washing. What about the TFT? Can you get it wet? Likewise, can you spray the whole bike down? The switches and keyless start button?
I would think so, otherwise it would be impossible to ride in the rain. I wouldn't turn the pressure washer on any of the electronic bits (or the non-electronic bits, for that matter), but the bike can handle a washing no problem.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Wash day ... sparkling clean!

wash 1.jpg

wash 2.jpg

Ride on!

·
Registered
2011 R1200R Classic MU
200 Posts
Cleaned the rear spokes with cotton rag soaked in WD40. That ACF50 attracts the road dust. Re-apply ACF50.

Update - - yeah, I know. Yawn.

·
Registered
63 Posts
A while ago I fitted the Knight Design lowered pegs which made a massive difference for leg comfort however the brake adjustment was limited and was awkward to use intuitively. Today I fitted the Wunderlich foot brake lever lowering kit (31430-313) which drops the brake about an inch. Must be the cheapest part on their catalog and has corrected the position. Before and after.

2201 - 2220 of 2253 Posts